Chapter Two

To say last night was awkward would be an understatement. For me at least it was. The other three seemed content, basking in my discomfort. After successfully diverting the discussing topic back to Christopher, I managed to excuse myself with the reason of not feeling too well. My departure though was not as smooth as I expected it to be. Before going up, Christopher seemed to think that it was a good idea to stop me my grabbing my hands.

" I'll see you again soon?" I was caught off guard to say the least. Was I the only one thinking that this was a one-off thing? Apparently so.

" Sure," I couldn't help the pink tint on my cheeks while replying. So much for playing it cool Sarah. Without wasting anymore time, I not so gracefully dashed up the stairs to my room, my safe haven where people like Christopher were banned.

The next morning came sooner than I expected. It felt like only five minutes had passed since I laid my head on the pillow. It felt like I was laying on clouds with the softness of my mattress and the warmth radiating from the quilt. I didn't want to get up. It had been forever since I last got to sleep in. Obviously my state of nirvana was cut short when the twins burst into my room.

" Sarah! Wake upppp! We are going grocery shopping," screamed Mitch.

It was a weekly routine for our family to go grocery shopping every third Sunday of the month. Grocery shopping is my favourite activity to do during my past time. Today however, the reluctance is strong.

" Cant you guys go ahead without me?" I groaned, my eyes still half closed.

" No can do sis, we have been doing this since forever you can' t break the tradition just because you're lazy," whined Mitch.This boys were gonna be the death of me.

" All right will be down in five," I relented.

" Woohoo love ya sis!" Two slobbery kisses were planted on my cheeks by this devils followed by the slamming of my door. See why I hate but love them at the same freaking time?

Less than ten minutes later I was all ready to go. Rushing down the stairs, I realised the rest were already in the car waiting. No breakfast for me today I guess. The supermarket was not so crowded, just the right amount of people there for my family to shop comfortably. Grabbing two trolleys as really we all eat like giants, we were then really to roll.

" Alright I have split up the list into two, twins you take half Sarah you take the other half. Only after the list is done you are allowed to shop for your own items. Me and your dad will be over there at the sale section looking for a new washing machine. Ill see you guys her in forty five minutes. Off you go!" Commanded my mother. With salutes and goofy grins on our face we we off racing down the isles.

First thing on the list would be canned tuna and baked beans. My eyes searched the labels for the isles. This grocery place was like a second home to me. The smell of coffee samples was just simply to die for. It is so therapeutic to slowly glance through the isles of the new products brought in by the supermarket. This really is the life.

Ticking the items off the list was a breeze. In less than twenty minutes, I was down with my last item. This last item was Nutella. I love Nutella. I hope everyone loves Nutella. Walking down the isles, I internally cursed when I realised it was at the top row of the shelve. Of course they did not take in consideration all the short people in the world. Its alright, I'm sure if I stretch just a little bit more than usual, I will be able to reach the top.

With my arms stretched out above me and my body on my tippy toes, the Nutella unfortunately still seemed like its miles away. My suffering, luckily did not last very long. I was saved by nice smelling, pretty- armed man who saw my struggle.

" Why do I always catch you in a state of distress? Will this be a frequent occurrence Ms Connor?" It was that deep baritone voice again. I know that voice!

Looking up, I was swarmed with familiarity when it was none other that Christopher. Again, my traitorous cheeks turned deep red from the close proximity of our faces. Words were caught in my throat. What did he mean by distress. It was not my fault that he's there whenever I was tripping over myself.

" Thank you," I gave a small smile while nervously tucking my loose curls behind my ears. What is wrong with me.

" The pleasures all mine. What are you doing here so early in the morning?" There he goes again with that smile.

" Grocery shopping with the family, what about you?" I sheepishly answered. So proud that I was able to articulate more than three worlds now.

" Well, this is a grocery shop. But I will say I had never felt so glad to be doing grocery shopping," Did he just try to play smart with me?

" Hey! You asked me first," I frowned, not appreciating the fact that my attempt to appear polite was turned down.

" I was just kidding, I'm sorry please forgive me," He's words serious, but tone filled with amusement.

He's smile was so contagious, it made me subconsciously copy his expression. I am not sure what is this human being doing to me. His stance was of confidence and his face always smiling. This person is an enigma by himself.

" Are you almost done? Maybe we can go grab coffee before you have to meet you family back? There's a coffee shop just next door. This is me apologising for offending you," He's words brought me back to reality.

" Oh no, its fine. I'm not at all offended," Did he really thought I was upset? Have I always sent mixed signals to others?

" Just to humour me? Please?" Oh. Well, what can one cup of coffee do right?