Bobber

She

The doctor said I can go home tomorrow, three days since I was taken to the hospital.

I never saw Tatay and Kuya. They left after your confrontation and never returned. I was saddened by the fact that they did not even say goodbye to me or personally checked on our condition but comforted by the thought that they reacted that way because they cared too much for me and that they will come around eventually.

Thankfully, Ivan hasn't showed up either after we have sent back every food delivery and basket of fruits, flowers and balloons he ever sent. I guess he finally got a clue.

After the doctor's visit this morning and a couple of nurses checking in, we pretty much had a quiet afternoon to ourselves. The bed was big and sturdy enough for you to sit on it as I lay leaning my back against your chest and my head on your shoulder as you read Dr. Seuss Oh! The Places You'll Go to our baby boy.

Halfway through the story (it was a pretty long rhyme), you paused to sip some water on the rolling serving table.

"Mommy, bakit nga ako ang dapat magbasa nito? Ang haba eh." You sighed and I laughed.

"Kasi po para makilala ka ni baby kahit di ka niya nakikita. Paglabas niya kilala ka na niya agad sa boses pa lang." I smiled.

"Ganoon pala! Eh di let's go! Bibili pa ako ng sampu nito. Tatambay na din ako dito sa may balakang mo para kausapin siya palagi at kantahan kahit namumunit ng lata tong boses ko. Paglabas ni baby, best friends na kami agad." You excitedly told me.

You were grinning so widely and your eyes were sparkling with excitement. You looked even more handsome than you already are and I wished to always see that happiness on you.

"Daddy?"

"Yes, Mommy?"

"Do you think it's time to name him? Six months na siya. We'll be seeing him in a few months pero we still don't know what to call him." I asked.

"Hmmm... Pwede. What do you have in mind, Mi?"

"Richard. It means powerful and a strong ruler. We'll name him after you." I suggested.

"And my Dad and my Uncle and my cousin and my classmate in high school. Masyado nang maraming Richard sa mundo, Mi. Okay na akong walang Richard Faulkerson III. Gusto ko kakaiba naman ang pangalan ni baby para siya lang ang may ganoong pangalan. May sariling identity." You said.

"Okay. Anong gusto mong name?"

"Parang maganda yung Siegfried." You smiled.

"What? No!"

"Bakit? Maganda kaya. Unique yun. Ang nickname niya Zig o kaya Iggy ay wag yun. Zig na lang."

"Ayaw. Di ba yun yung magician na may pet tiger?"

"Hindi. Si Roy yun. Bakit ba ayaw mo?"

"Basta ayaw ko. Baka matukso pa si baby ng mga kalaro." I pouted.

"Mi naman kasi..." You started to argue.

"Sige. Ipilit mo pa." I glared at you and closed your mouth.

"Hindi na po."

"How about  Sebastian?" I asked.

"Too preppy." You shrugged.