Backlash

She

You insisted to drive me on my first day back to work.

It's been two weeks since we moved back to my place. You have since hired an old friend from college and promoted one of your trusted shift mangers to manage your restaurants full time while you go down there three times a week to oversee the business.

Riza, your sister, a couple of years younger than me, assured you that she can very well take care of the small grocery store in Laguna and your youngest sister, Angel. She said she has been capable of doing so for a while and you were just being your usual over-protective self. She's 25 after all.

Kat made sure everything was ready before we came to the condo so that all we had to do was settle ourselves and personal belongings in, no more cleaning or moving heavy furniture around. She's reliable like that and may I add over excited to be a Tita. She has always been like a sister to me since I don't have one and she's an only child.

She knows me inside out and knows exactly what want and dislike that was why I gave her my full trust on making the renovations in my place, our place.

We loved everything she did with our newly decorated home. From the new yellow and black themed living room to the new mirrors and vanity in the bathroom. She also initiated to make my room divert from its super feminine tones of peach and rose to the more neutral hues of gray and white.

What we loved the most was the nursery which used to be the bigger guest room. Her choices of classic white wooden crib and furniture in the ocean themed room was just perfect.

Our little peanut even gave a little kick when we stepped in and you joked about how excited he must be for his room.

I smile as I look at the window of your car, remembering how you leaned and kissed my belly even whispering some secret joke to our little baby. One you refused to tell me.

You're a great dad, RJ. You really are. With the way you always dote on us, protect and take care of us, sing and read to our little peanut each night no matter how tired you are from work and traffic, no one can be a better dad.

"Anong nginingiti mo diyan?" You ask.

I turn to you and hold your hand on the gear stick.

"Ikaw."

"Ako? Bakit naman? Naalala mo na naman ba nung nagkamali ako ng ikot ng gripo sa banyo kanina at yung shower and nasindi ko imbes na yung gripo sa baba habang pinagtitimpla kita ng pampaligo kaya ang ending eh ako ang naunang maligo ng naka-polo? Wag mo akong i-judge uy! Nakakalito talaga yung mga gripo sa shower natin, ang dami." You pout.

"Hindi yun pero nakakatawa nga yun." I laugh.

"Sige. Tawa pa. Malapit na tayo." You say and roll your eyes as you look away from me, still pouting.

I sigh and watch you happily. I am the luckiest girl in the world.

"I love you." I whisper as I stare at you intently.

You turn to me and smile giddily, like that pout and little frown wasn't on that handsome face just the second before. "I love you more. Sobra sobra." You say softly and kiss my hand.