Chapter 1

Jasmine POV
I gazed at the window as i remembered the memories of grandpa (William) where he always used to kiss me goodbye before he leaves to work when i go spend the summer with him.
**Flashback**
" Grandpa grandpa come over here please" i say as i wave at him while he talks to uncle Ted whispering , i pull at grandpa hands to go to the lake but uncle Ted takes my hands and tell me that grandpa has to do important calls to do. I pout as i leave and go back to the villa, i noticed something that is weird for a 8 years old to notice...
**End of flashback**

The knock on the door woke me up from my gaze and Rose was there wearing a simple black dress and asked me "Are you ready??" I nodded and went with her outside in the garden preparing myself to meet and greet lots of people because today is the 7th anniversary for grandpa's death.

Oh how i miss him so much he was the closest one to me even though he was always busy he saved time with me. Grandpa said that my parents and grandma both died in a car accident.
So since then i lived in a villa with Grandpa and uncle Ted and Caleb, my brother, grandpa said that my parents adopted him when i was 2 years old and he was 5 years old then. Auntie Emy lives in the USA and the last time she came to visit was at grandpa's funeral.
I shed a tear when i remember him.

I heard Caleb calling out for me. "Hey sis are you ready?? I know that you get uncomfortable when you meet a lot of people " he said. "Yeah i am don't worry" i replied.

Once i entered the garden in the backyard everyone turned there head to me. I went to meet first our relatives.

Grandpa was from a large family so he had lots of siblings from different mothers and so on. Also he was beloved by many people like i couldn't find anyone said a bad thing about him all the time until....
I heard a deep voice call my name "Miss Jasmine i want just to object about all of this." He said. I turned to the source of the sound and found an old man in his 60s. "Excuse me Sir??" I said. "Why do you even bother yourself with this memorial it's useless." He said. I was so shocked at this man words that i almost gaped my mouth open. "Oh don't worry young lady i just wasn't really close or even friends with him" he said with a fake smile on his face that needs to be slapped. "So what do you want then??" I said. "If i were you young lady i would start to open my eyes to the truth of this house" he replied. "Who are you anyways??" I said. "I'm Mr. Green, the owner of the Green Tea company that's obvious from its name that it sells green tea." He laughed.
"Anyway here's my card if you needed to contact me which i know you will once you open your eyes and go into the office...farewell my dear" he said while handing me his card and then wandered off.

I stared off into space and kept replaying the words of Mr.Green in my head. What did he mean by opening my eyes, why would i go into the office. I was about to tell Caleb and Rose but decided not to. Oh and where is uncle Ted i haven't seen him all day.

As everyone started to leave till the last guest i saw Rose approaching me " Hey I have an emergency back home, my mom needs me to take care for my brother while she has a night shift at the hospital, sorry I can't stay the nigh but i promise to make it up to you i swear" she said in a hurry "It's okay Rosy I truly understand, just text me when you get there" i said.

We hugged and said our goodbye and as were going upstairs i heard Caleb talking on the phone and whispering but i could catch some words he said. "No she can't know..today that piece of shit just talked to her" he whispered. I wonder who is he talking to. That all i could hear from the conservation. I think he ended it so i went to my room but just kept thinking about what happened today and then decided....

The clock read 3:00 am. I went out of bed and started to tip toe going downstairs to grandpa's office....