Chapter 9

(Hey guys! So right here are a few sketches of Neal Shining in Demon Form and in the Flesh.^^

So I don't exactly have a good reputation with OCs ((*cough* Markus and Kaden *cough*)) but who wouldn't love this cinnamon roll??)

Y/N's POV

I looked to the left and right of me on the sidewalk but there was no sign of Bill anywhere. If he teleported then this would make finding him a lot harder. I'd trace him by using his thoughts but he is still blocking me. Why does he want me to stay away from him so badly? He's not actually thinking about what they said, is he? I swear if they actually made him think he is some monster then someone is going to pay either physically or mentally. I'll make sure of it.

I run down the street with people staring at me as I go. I don't bother to pay any attention to them as I am hoping I'm heading in the right direction. I probably should be paying more attention because I accidentally run into someone and fall down on my back. I look up to find Banshee lending a hand to help me up. "I'm so sorry, Banshee. Really, I am."

"It's okay, Master Star, no apologies necessary. Is something wrong?" Two years ago, Banshee and his partner, Beasty, worked for Kaden Psyche and helped him in his world domination. After I killed that purple monster, Banshee gave himself up to me to do my biddings until I released him from his position. Basically I have my own servant which I didn't exactly ask for but ended up with anyways.

"No, it's just- Bill heard some thoughts in the Cafe and then he left and I've been trying to find him but it seems he just disappeared out of thin air."

His one large white eye narrowed as if he were in thought before looking ahead towards the direction of the woods, "Bill tends to go into the woods whenever he likes to be alone, I suggest you go check there before going anywhere else."

A large smile formed on my face as I gave the shadow demon a quick hug, "Thanks for the tip! By the way, how have you and Beasty been for the past two years?"

"I have been just fine, Ms. Star, but I'm afraid I haven't seen that idiot since Kaden's death. I'm most certain he's dead by now seeing as that demon has no real brains to keep himself alive."

I thanked him one last time before saying goodbye and running into the woods. It feels as though I've just been running in circles but I know truly I haven't been. I've been searching for a long time and there still seems to be no sign of Bill. When he wants to hide, he really knows how to hide. This seems to be one of the things I hate about him because he doesn't just let me help but instead stays hidden until he has calmed himself down to where there is nothing I can help him with.

I end up running into the gnome village but with no gnomes in sight; most likely they're all hiding in fear of when Bill will come and kill the rest of them. I look over to my left to find the waterfall with the stream that endlessly flows below it. I tilt my head as I seem to make out a piece of golden hair sticking out from the other side of a giant rock placed next to the endless stream.

I slowly walk over to find Bill Cipher just staring at the water lost in thought. I sit next to him but he doesn't react; I frown and decide to rest my head on his shoulder which seems to startle him as I feel him tense but quickly his muscles relax seeing it was me. "I thought I told you I'd be right back."

"Right, seeing as you have gone all the way out here just to clear your thoughts. You weren't planning on coming back any time soon so don't lie to me."

He sighed before bringing his arm up to wrap around my shoulder and pull me closer to him. He closes his eye once more as he rests his lips on the top of my head not daring to move, eventually our breathing becomes in sync. We sit there in silence as I wait for Bill to talk to me but he doesn't seem like he wants to, like he just wants to avoid the entire problem and leave me out of it. I want to help but it doesn't seem like he wants it.