Chapter 1

Narrator's POV

It was a Fall afternoon with the temperature close to dropping to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Clouds were scattered throughout the sky as the wind picked up and rustled the trees surrounding Gravity Falls, Oregon. Gravity Falls was a small town that was not on any map ever made. Everyone who lived there seemed to live in harmony, more or less. The humans, mythical creatures, and demons were all residents in this small town and tried to get along for the majority of it. Of course, they all had their disagreements every now and then.

With the season of Fall comes change. The leaves, the weather, even the people. Two years may seem so little but many people can change during then. Their looks, their personality, their relationships with other people. It can all change in the blink of an eye. Some change, yes, but others would rather hold on to the past and not move on. Change, many different versions of it, where it can either make things better or worse.

In this small town, there is a tourist attraction hidden away from the rest of the town with people living in it. It may seem like a hoax from inside and out but the mysteries and the people living inside I can assure you are not. The Mystery Shack, it had planned to close awhile back but the tourists are thankful that it didn't. They aren't thankful necessarily for the attraction to stay but what they are mostly thankful for are the people inside who have saved (and destroyed) Gravity Falls and the world on countless of occasions.

In the gift shop of this tourist trap sat a demon. This golden demon was very well known for his infamous crimes. Some of these crimes still not yet revealed to the ones closest to him. He sighed as he closed his singular, golden, cat-like eye. He held his phone in his hand as he awaited a text from his savior, the one who keeps him in line. His Star.

He plugged his headphones in and blasted Demons by Imagine Dragons through his earbuds. He tucked his phone into his yellow sweatshirt with one eye and tried to calm himself with music. 'She's alright,' he thought, 'she'll text you soon. She's safe, there's no doubt about it.'

Bill Cipher, dream demon who has tried to destroy the Pines family and the world countless of times. Change is something he's use to, change is something he creates often seeing as he wanted to "save us" from our own world not too long ago. The one thing he doesn't want to change, however, is his relationship with his Star. He doesn't want to change the way he feels towards her, he doesn't want to change the way he acts around her even if that meant he acted like a dork and stuttered over his words time-to-time while also trying to please her with everything. He loves his Star, his savior, but it had been two years since the last time they met face-to-face. It almost seemed impossible to not keep things from changing but he wasn't going to give up on keeping their relationship steady for he continued to call and text her everyday just so he knew she was alright and kept uptodate with her.

Why has he not gone after her? The reason being is because Gravity Falls has a barrier surrounding it keeping all the weirdness (including the demons) trapped inside. She had gone back to her hometown to finish up school and one day return but it had been so long that something inside him told him that she wasn't coming back any time soon. It didn't stop him, however, from contacting her seeing as she gave him a phone so they may contact each other with it.

He continued to try and get lost in thought through the music, his Star had done it constantly when she was in Gravity Falls. The first day she had arrived she had been zoning out to her own music, not caring about anything in the world, that it even got her lost. If it wasn't for her getting lost, would she had found her way to the Pines as she did? Would she had found her way to Bill?

He groaned, thinking it was pointless. He just kept thinking over the fact that his Star hasn't contacted him and she could be in some type of danger. 'She probably just forgot or slept in seeing as it is a Sunday. She'll contact you eventually so stop worrying, Cipher.' He continued to tell himself. He was getting impatient with himself as he continued to say that everything was alright. Bill finally had enough as his grip tightened around his phone, "Why hasn't Star texted yet?!"

Just as he said that, a second demon strolled in. This particular demon didn't have powers like Bill for he was taken from his demonic abilities. Markus Locke, dream demon who had tortured Bill's Star by giving her nightmares about the golden demon's wheel. Change had been occurring around the town even for Markus; even though his attire never changed from the Peaky Blinders hat, the leather brown coat, and the raven hair with green hair dye, his personality certainly changed. After being a slave to the Pines family for a few months in, he started getting closer with the young twins. He helped Stanford Pines with his experiments of the strange anomalies in the town and even got on Stanley Pines' good side by helping him with thievery and getting random tourists attracted to the shack and taking majority of their money with a simple trick to their minds.

He turned to the golden demon before him as he held a few dollar bills that he was counting, making sure that everyone gave the twenty dollar payment from the last tour. Licking his finger to flip over another dollar bill, he began to speak, "I'm sure she's just busy or maybe she found another guy that wasn't a dream demon and could actually travel the world with her. I'm sure if I was her I would move on as well."

Bill glared up at the green demon as he gritted his teeth, his eyes flashing crimson red, "You shut your mouth, Daggers, before I send you to the next dimension."

The other male rolled his eyes and began to stroll over to the counter, "Look, Bill, I know we aren't on good terms at the moment but I'm trying to help. You're worrying for nothing, she'll eventually text you and I bet you she will even tell you herself that you are over exaggerating with this."

"How would you know what over exaggeration is? Have you ever been separated from the one you claim to be dearest to you and have no idea where they could possibly be or if they were in any danger?"

"Yes, actually, do you not recall me being punished and taken from my powers while trying to find my sister?"

Bill sunk back down knowing that Markus wasn't mistaken there. He sighed and stared at the screen; he didn't want anything to change between him and his Star. He wasn't ready to experience that change yet.