Chapter 7: The Past Will Return.

Start from the beginning

He nodded his head before passing the bag with my lunch. I took the bag and we silently walked across the field to my Art class. Some students were already sitting on the grass in front their canvas. My eyes then landed on Kai and I let out a groan as I forgot he was also in my Art class. Oh the joy! Notice the sarcasm.

I sat the furthest away from Kai as I possibly could. I unwrapped my lunch and started to eat.

"Sooo...." Ethan spoke slowly as he sat next to me and watched me chow down on my sandwich.

I rolled my eyes, "Can a girl eat in peace?" I muffled out since my mouth was stuffed with food.

He sent a glare at me and I let out a muffled scoff, "Fine," I mumbled.

I looked around and saw we were a good distance from everyone so it was impossible for them to hear me if I spoke in a hush tone.

"Victor came to see Cain but bumped into me. He was going to do something to Kai since Kai messed with Cain. I said no and he didn't like that thus the deal was born. Long story short, I go to dinner with him tonight and he leaves you and Kai alone for a month and wouldn't harm Kai in any way," I quickly explained before shoving the rest of my sandwich in my mouth before drinking some water.

I watched as Ethan's eyes widened as he took in this news. "So, you're going on a date with him," he questioned but it came out more like a statement.

His statement caught me off guard that I start to choke on my water. Some of the student's turned around and I glared at them causing them to immediately turn back around. "I try not to think of it like that," I stated causing him to slowly nod.

He stayed silent and I recognized the look on his face. He had that look of a thousand questions and he was trying to figure out which to ask first.

"Okay, obviously I have a lot of questions and you're going to have to answer all of it so here goes. What happened to your arm and clothes, why did you agree to the stupid deal, what happened in the car between you and Kai, why did Victor had his arms wrapped around you, why did he tell you to wear something 'sexy', what happens if you change your mind now and turn down the deal, where are -"

"Ethan, chill out. I will answer all of them but you need to calm down," I cut him off. He let out a heavy sigh and nodded, "Sorry," he mumbled.

I gave him a small smile, "It's okay. For your first question, Ashley and her friends decided to cut up my clothes and cut me in process. I agreed to the deal because it meant protecting you. I don't know why Victor has his arms wrapped around me and he told me to wear something 'sexy' as in dress nice for dinner. He said if I don't go through with the deal, someone dies," I answered his questions excepting the one with Kai.

He hummed in response, "And Kai?" he ask as his eyebrow rose up. "Nothing to worry about," I answered causing him to groan in annoyance from me not telling him. "Where is this date taking place and from when to when?" he asked.

"I don't know where the date is and it's from 8pm to 11pm but he's picking me up at 7:30pm," I huffed.

I looked at Ethan as saw he was studying me for a second. "I don't understand why you put up with this. You should just use your powers," he mumbled.

I let out a sigh, "I'm not going through this again. You remember what happened last time," I stated. "What happened last time was not your fault. How about we just leave this town today. As soon as we get home, we just throw our suitcase in the trunk and leave," he suggested but it came out more like a statement.

"Ethan, if we do that, we will be caught in no time. The police station is at the end of this town and if they see us crossing over, they will tell Victor."