Ch.8

Ughhh. I can't believe that summer is over. What time is it I thought to myself. I slowly peeled open my eyes and saw that it is 6.30. I got up and walked to my mirror and saw a big bird's nest with dark eye bags. I slowly walked into the bathroom and refreshed myself. I took a quick shower, dried myself and got changed into the school uniform which consists a short white sleeved button up shirt, a navy blue skirt and a blue tie. I tied my hair in a quick ponytail, took my backpack and went downstairs. I went into through the living room and saw that mom didn't come back yet. So it's just me in a big house, I thought to myself and sighed. I walked into the kitchen and made myself a quick sandwich and a cup of black coffee. After eating, I quickly washed the dishes and went out to catch the bus.

I was walking to the bus stop until I froze in my tracks. I saw Joshua walking towards the stop. Yesterday's scene replayed in my mind and I immediately felt my cheeks getting red. So in order to avoid seeing him, I quicken my pace so I could go past him and get to the stop without him near me. I managed to walk past him just in time because the bus just arrived. I looked at the bus and realised that this bus is the 'express bus'. The bus I hate the most but I knew Joshua always took this bus so I was begging that he will take the express bus so I could avoid him but lucky for me (note the sarcasm) he didn't get on the express bus, he waited for the bus that I usually took. When the bus came, I got on, found myself a seat and took out my earphones so I could listen to music. When I was listening, I felt someone took my bag. I quickly looked up and saw Joshua moving my backpack so he could sit there. I quickly pretended to fall asleep so he won't talk me. I peeked out from my eye and saw that he was sleeping too. I was so glad that he was sleeping so it won't be awkward.

When the bus arrived at school, I thanked the bus driver, got off and started walking to my classroom. When I was climbing up the stairs I heard an ear piercing scream, I turned around and saw Maddie. She ran up the stairs and almost tackled me.

'Natalie, I missed you soo much!' Maddie shouted.

'Miss you too.' I said with a smile.

'Now let's go to our home room, the teachers are really strict now.' I said and trying to pull Maddie up the stairs.

'I'm tired!' Maddie whined.

'Seriously?' I said and cocked an eyebrow.

'I did all the walking.' I complained. I finally pulled Maddie off me and walked into my home room.

'Natalie!' A loud voice screamed out.

'Iris, Valerie, Riley, Maddie? What are you guys doing here?' I questioned

. 'Are you dumb? We are in the same class.' Valerie said in a duh tone. Suddenly I found myself on the floor and realised that both Riley and Iris had tackled me onto the floor.

'Is this how you guys welcome me?' I questioned and trying to pull Iris and Riley off me.

'Pretty much.' Both Riley and Iris replied in unison.

'Hello class.' A deep masculine voice said. My friends and I quickly took our seats and became quietly.

'Nice to meet you all, I'm Mr Tanner and I'll be your new home room teacher.' Mr Tanner said politely.

'Is it me or is this teacher hot.' Maddie whispered to me.

'I heard that Madeline.' Mr Tanner grumbled out.

'Rude much.' Maddie whined. I flicked her forehead to make her stop talking.

'Class, please go to the hall, you guys will have your assembly there.' Mr Tanner said and took us downstairs to the hall.

'Hello students, welcome back to school.' The principal said happily.

'I have some very important news, from now on students will not be required to wear school uniform.' The principal announced. Everyone was screaming, laughing and shouting when the principal told us the news. We were all excited, I could finally wear sweats to school. I thought to myself.

'Don't even think about wearing sweats to school.' The principal said answering my unasked question. I sighed and continued to listen to the boring assembly. The assemblies are really boring and it lasts for a very long time. When the principal started his welcoming speech, I could feel my eyes closing slowly. I tried to resist it but I fell asleep.

Wake up!' A voice said.

'Later.' I grunted.

'Get up now.' The voice became louder.

'No.' I murmured.

'Natalie Elizabeth Sung Campbell Trainer get up!' The voice shouted in my ear. I got up and saw Valerie.

'Assembly is over, we have gotta get to class before Mr Tanner kills us.'

I reluctantly got up from my seat and walked up to class with Valerie.

'Class, I'm going to pass out your timetables now and tell you where yours lockers are.' Mr Tanner said in a stoic tone

'I can't wait for class, yay!' Iris said sarcastically.

'Is that sarcasm I hear?' Mr Tanner asked and cocked an eyebrow at Iris.

'No, I'm just really excited for classes, Sir.' Iris said sarcastically and rolled her eyes.

'I expect better behaviour from you Ms Ranger.' Mr Tanner scolded.

'Treat this as a warning Ms Ranger.

'Yes sir.' Iris replied.

'He's a douchbag.' Iris whispered to me. I cracked up a little until Mr Tanner turned around and glared at Iris.

'Ms Trainer, your timetable and your locker number is 009.' Mr Tanner said. After Mr Tanner was done passing out all the timetables, he dismissed us so we could get ready for tomorrow. I was walking to my locker until felt something jumped on my back. Without turning around, I knew that it's Maddie. Only she would do something like this at school. I pulled Maddie off my back and then Maddie asked

'What's your locker number?'

'009.'
'No!' Maddie shouted out loud dramatically and placing her hand over her chest.
'My locker is 299, which is so far from yours, how do you expect me to survive?'Maddie said dramatically.
'I'm sure that you will do fine.' I said and gave her a push so she would go to her locker.
'I hope.' Maddie murmured and walked off to her locker.
I took out the piece of paper that Mr Tanner have me and walked around checking for locker 009. Locker 005, 006, 007, 008 I must be close, I thought to myself. Ah ha, locker 009 I mentally said and was about to open my locker when a loud high pitch voice squealed 'Eww, what are you doing here?'

'I'm here to visit you guys.' I said sarcastically and my eyes.

'When are you doing here?' I questioned.

'This is where my locker is.' Sabay said rolling her eyes and applied another layer of lipstick. When I heard those words, I wanted to mentally slam my head against the locker door till I die. Sabay is the most popular girl at school. She's the prettiest, 'sexiest' (according to the jocks) and the President and Co founder of the modelling club. Yes the modelling club. Apparently she thought that joining the cheerleading team is a cliche thing so she and her BFF Stephanie, decided to make their own club. When people attempt to join their club they both just make fun of people's insecurities.

'Nate, is it? Just get out of here so Stephanie can be here.' Sabay said while pulling up her skirt as high as possible.

'Can't, my locker is here,' I replied

'What!' Sabay screamed out an ear piercing scream.

'I'm gonna tell the principal.' Sabay said and stomped off to the principal's office.

'Eww, get out of my way loser.' Sabay shouted to an innocent teen. She grabbed his books and threw them on the floor. Poor kid, I thought to myself. I opened the locker and put in some locker basics. Books, some gym clothes and an emergency kit. After organising my locker, I walked to Maddie's locker and we both walked home together.