"This is Kronos. Someone with three times as many criminal charges against him than Gabe Jackson and the suspected ringleader of the infamous bank robberies," the captain introduces him. "Look, we've never been so close to this guy before and Gabe Jackson can finally help us slam Kronos, if we let him think he's free."

Athena's hardly listening to him anymore. Her brain has already jumped ahead several points. How in the world could Gabe Jackson - Ugliano? - possibly their 'in'? Possibilities fly through her thoughts in a matter of seconds before she lands on the most obvious answer just as the captain finally reveals his plan.

"His stepson, Percy Jackson, has been arrested and his lawyer has assured us they are ready to cut a deal. I will be talking to him in a minute. Our plan is of now to release him in order for Percy Jackson to go undercover and make contact with Kronos," the captain concludes. "You may all leave."

Before the captain can even attempt leaving the room, Athena corners him. "You're using him as bait?" She phrases it as a question, but it's an accusation.

The captain licks his lips. "Essentially."

"He's just a boy," she argues.

Now the captain shakes his head. "That 'boy' is eighteen years old and is facing serious time for theft as well as kidnapping; kidnapping of your daughter if my memory serves. Now, I'm going to go talk to this Percy Jackson. If you like you can watch behind the glass. Nothing more," he warns her. When she looks affronted and opens her mouth to rebuke him, he quickly amends his statement. "You are a good detective Ms Chase, no one is denying that. But you're much too close to this case. Take a step back and let someone with an objective view take a stab. Namely me."

With that, the captain turns and walks out of the room, leaving Athena alone in the empty room. She takes a deep breath, trying not to let the captain's words to heart. But she knows he's right. Her son is dead and the same man is responsible for putting her only daughter in the hospital.

Gods above she just wants to punch someone.

***

Percy grumbles. He's been waiting in the interrogation room for what feels like forever. The hard, metal chair he's sitting on never gets anywhere near comfortable and the handcuffs are starting to chaff his wrists. He looks over beside him at his lawyer. Mr. D seems to be oblivious to the boy and hums quietly as he sips another can of Diet Coke.

Suddenly there's a click and the door opens. Percy glances up, confused when it's not Detective Chase, but a man. The man has graying hair and creases are starting to form at the corner of his eyes. He looks steadily at Percy, holding the boy's gaze as the door clicks shut. "Percy Jackson, you are facing serious time here for kidnapping as well as robbery."

Percy just rolls his eyes. "Like I didn't know that already," he murmurs under his breath.

The man hardly spares Percy a glance as he sits down across from the boy and continues, "But I'm ready to cut a deal with you."

Percy shoots up in his seat. "A deal?" he asks. "What kind of deal?"

For once Mr. D has the answer. "It's a deal to renegotiate the charges against you," he explains.

"But I didn't kidnap her," Percy persists.

The man waves away Percy's comment, ignoring him. "Percy, you've been cooperative and I'm ready to drop all criminal charges, if you help us get Kronos."

Percy raises his eyebrows. "Kronos? Who the hell is Kronos?" he asks.

"He's the one who's been orchestrating all the bank robberies," the man replies, giving Percy a moment to lull the information over before going on, "We need you to infiltrate the gang. Your stepfather is already a member so you'll have the best luck."

Percy snorts. "There's just one problem in you master plan. Gabe hates my guts."

The man stares at him. "Jackson, if you don't want to be in a cell the rest of your life, I would find a way to get back on your stepfather's good side," he warns.

Percy looks over at Mr. D. Surely this can't be completely legal. But, per usual, Mr. D is sitting and drinking his Diet Coke, unaware of anything else.

Sighing, Percy turns back to the man seated across the table. "So, I infiltrate a bunch of robbers, feed you intell and you in turn let me go?"

The man nods. "That's the watered down version, yes."

Percy taps his hand on the table. "I have one more thing to add to that list," he says.

The man rolls his eyes. "Ask me first. I'll decide if it goes on the list."

Taking a deep breath, Percy answers, "I want to see Annabeth."

The man squints. "The girl you kidnapped?"

Percy shakes his head. "I didn't kidnap her," he insists.

"But you want to see her?"

"Yeah."

The man leans back in his seat. "So your name is cleared and you get to see your girlfriend? Hardly seems fair."

"You're getting Kronos," Percy reminds him. "He's like... a super bad guy."

The man rolls his eyes. "Okay, Jackson. I'll see what I can do."

*starts hyperventilating* OMG! Percabeth next update!!! And hello DOUBLE UPDATE!!!!!!???? WHOOP WHOOP! So just keep on going ➡️

Don't forget to comment and vote!!!
— Omgitshappenning 🎉