"It's the dragon market," Dominique's voice said softly from behind her. "It's where dragons are sold or exchanged. Usually only the richer and middle class folk come here, they are the only ones that can usually afford a dragon." 

"Why?" Akira whispered, pain filling her as the orange dragon let out another scream. She clutched a hand to her chest as she watched him stagger another step forward before he was fully in the cart and two men quickly snapped the door behind him shut. "Why are they doing this?" 

"You mean treating the dragons like dumb beasts?" Dominique asked. Akira could hear a trail of anger in his voice. She shot a glance back to see that Dominique had his fists clenched as he watched the cart with the dragon in it, pull away. "Because, they think we're above dragons. That dragons are nothing but useless beasts, made to serve us." 

"But they have feelings. Dragons are just like us, they are our equals..." 

"Try telling them that," Dominique jerked his head in the direction of the people walking around the large dragon pen. 

Akira felt anger fill her, anger at the fact that the people treated the dragon, a noble creature that was equal of any human, like just another piece of meat. Not even Haiden had dared to treat dragons in such a way, so why exactly where they doing this, what was the reason behind it? She didn't even need Redemption to be able to feel the dragons' pain around her, they were suffering. 

"Who is responsible for this?" Akira asked, her eyes flashing. 

"For what?" 

"All this!" Akira waved her hands around. 

"If you're asking who's in charge, it's the council," Dominique began. Akira whirled to face him, shock filling her before it was replaced by pure fury. She watched Dominique's eyes widen and he took a careful step back, as if slightly afraid. 

"The council?" Akira growled. 

"Like I said before," Dominique told carefully, as though what he said might trigger her. "They aren't exactly the greatest. Why do you think the Resistance formed?" 

"But why, what's their reason?" Akira demanded. 

"Who, the Resistance?" Dominique asked looking confused. 

"The council!" Akira growled, taking a step towards him. Dominique took a step back. 

"Um......they say that since the rider of legend defeated Haiden and Fury on her own its proof that her dragon was no more than a sidekick, a tool to be used at her dispense. They say that it's proof that dragons are less than humans and are destined to serve us." 

Akira froze, numbness spreading throughout her body. Her head reeled at what she had just heard. "Her dragon was no more than a sidekick, a tool to be used at her dispense," Dominique's words echoed her mind. 

"No," Akira shook her head in disbelief. "No," she took a step back, away from Dominique. He was lying, he had to be. It couldn't be true. She and Redemption had defeated Haiden together, so why did the council believe otherwise? Her eyes darted towards Dominique, silently begging him to tell her that what he had said was a lie, yet his eyes showed that he was far from lying. 

"Are you okay?" Dominique sounded worried. He took a concerned step towards her. 

Akira shook her head, wrapping her hands around herself. It wasn't possible. Somehow, everything was as it was because of her. It was her fault, all because the council believed that she had done something on her own. She was the cause of all this. Akira shivered, suddenly feeling cold.

Dominique eyed Akira. She had gone deathly pale and had wrapped her arms around herself as though she were cold. He was mystified at her sudden change in attitude. She had gone from being horrified, to angry, to looking like she was about to collapse, within seconds. When she shivered he decided that maybe it was better to get her out of here.