KEVJE- because hands speak more intimately than words.

[KevJe- because hands speak more intimately than words.]

***

Jersey was sitting inside the theater, waiting for the play to start. One hour pa bago mag-start ang play. Kababalik lang din niya from States nang imbitahan siya ng dati niyang ka-org noong college na um-attend ng play.

It's been how many years? 5 or 6 years? But it all felt like yesterday, the same spot, the same place where the most magical moment of her life happened.

Well, of course, Kevin proposed his love on this place reading her essay, sabay sabing, he accepted his defeat and he loves her. She smiled. Wala lang gusto lang niyang mag-reminisce ng pan-teleserye nilang kwento.

Dapat kasama niya si Jicker ngayon pero tumanggi ito dahil busy daw at ayaw paaalisin ni Blanche. Poor one. She laughed. Nakakatitig lang siya sa stage, iniisip kung paano kaya kung hindi siya sumali sa play ng 'Minsan Ako Si Madonna'? Paano kaya kung hindi na siya nagpasa ng essay na iyon? Paano kaya kung hindi siya rito nag-aral at paano kaya kung hindi napunta sa ibang block si Kevin? Kung hindi sila nagbreak ni Paul.

Isa lang naman 'yan, Jersey. Walang Kevin at Jersey. Wala lahat. Siguro, manang ka na, nagmumukmok sa condo mo o kaya mataba ka na kakain dahil may anxiety disorder ka, dahil mataba ka na hindi ka na kukuning model.

She stopped her Jicker-ish thoughts. Then she heard footsteps. And that same scent she knew for these past years.

"Why are you here." She said without even looking.

"How do you know that it's me?"

"Come on, husband you can't tricked me."

"Fine, fine." Naramdaman niyang umupo si Kevin sa tabi niya. Without taking away her look at the stage- "This place was so memorable right?"

"Dito unang nagsimula lahat. On the second thought, I just can't believe it that we actually reached this point of our lives, that we are actually here, you are still here, iniintindi ang mga impulsiveness ko na di naman talaga nawala after all these years."

Kevin didn't said anything. Maybe because it is the first time that she actually told him these things. Alam niya kasi na sa kanilang dalawa mula pa noon, hindi siya ang tipong mahilig sa cheesy lines. They complement each other right?

"You know I don't want any drama, but I want you to know that I do love you, love. Kahit siguro hindi tayo binigyan ng second chance hahanap parin ako ng third, fourth and so on and so forth, kasi gaya ng sinabi mo sa akin dati, sa akin ka lang sasaya, and I guess it's the same thing for me."

"And I know you've already knew all of this, ikaw pa mas matalino ka sa akin." I laughed. "But I wouldn't mind repeating those words to you again, that I will love you, icelot. Forever and always."

She looked at him, the same person who admitted his love for me years ago. Nothing has changed. Kevin smiled to me; it's the only thing that matters right now.

Then, we went home that night after the play, Kevin had remained silent. Buti nalang wala ang mga bata sa bahay, the moment we lie in our bed he is still holding my hand. The moment we made love, there was still no words from him. He just caressed me like what he always he did. And then she realized that this is the thing that she wanted for the rest of their lives, him, holding her so close.

Because hands speak more intimately than words.