365 Days

I never liked my father. I never got along with him. Especially since he cheated on my mom and left us with nothing but the old broken house we used to live in. As soon as he got the chance he flew to the other side of the country to start a new life.

But now that I truly have nobody left my only option is to also fly across the country to live with him. For me, it's a big deal. I've only spoken to him twice in the five years he's been away.

The moment I hoped off the plane and landed in the town I would be spending the next two years of my life in I knew I wouldn't enjoy it. The moment I got in the taxi and drove to my dad's house I knew this wouldn't be fun. The moment I knocked on the door and a middle aged lady opened it I knew that I would hate this.

"Um, sorry I must have the wrong address. Sorry to disturb you." I apologise quickly, backing away from the door. Beginning to pull out my phone to check I was in the right place.

"Chloe Jones? I'm Marks wife, Celeste." She questions whilst stretching her hand out to shake mine.

I hesitate before slowly reaching and shaking her hand "Is my dad here yet, by any chance?"

"He should be back any minute now, I thought he was picking you up from the airport actually! I guess not."

"He never said he was." I hadn't talked to him about transportation so I just assumed I was getting a taxi to his house.

"Well come in dear, it must be chilly out there." Celeste said rushing to get a bag from me.

I walked in to the house after her and looked around. The two storey house was different to what I expected the house to look like. The house made my father look wealthy and like he had a job that paid him loads.

"Your bedroom is just upstairs but you can wait till your father gets home to go up there if you would like." Celeste said, giving a small smile.

"I'll just wait, thanks."

"Would you like anything to eat? I know how disgusting plane food can be. I don't eat it myself." I'll admit it, this women is going to be hard to hate. Already she is giving me comfort in a house I didn't want to be in. But I have a reason to hate her. She married my father. She ruined her own life doing that.

"Yes, please. If you don't mind!"

She waves her hand for me to follow and we walk through the living room into the kitchen. The house is like a mansion, everything is pristine and spacious, and not a stain could be seen.

She puts a plate of cookies on the bench in front of me and I take one muttering a small thank you before biting into it.

"Oh my God! These are amazing!" I squeal before quickly gobbling down the rest of the cookie. She offers me another one before taking one herself.

"They're my secret recipe, my grandma used to make them when I was younger" she replies, giving me wink "I'll have to show you how to make them."

For the next few minutes we start a conversation about ourselves and I learn about Celeste and when my father met, but the conversation is cut short by the sound of the door opening and my father walking in.

Both Celeste and I get up and make our way in to the living room and there standing next to the couch is my father, a nervous look set upon his face.

"Chloe, your here." He says in a surprising tone.

"Where else would I be? I told you I was coming today." I say with a bit of attitude. How hard was it to remember? We had this conversation less than a week ago.

"I didn't think you were coming till later tonight. That's all."

"I thought you went to go pick her up?" Celeste asked with a confused face

"No I had to go to work quickly, boss called me in." He replies "Chloe lets gets you settled in upstairs, then we can discuss school and a job."

He quickly grabs some of my bags before I rush to get the rest and head upstairs, shooting a quick look to Celeste who is still staring at the spot my father stood in before. She feels my gaze and walks towards the stairs following behind us.

The bedroom is bigger then my last one. Much bigger. Not only does it have a walk in closet, it also had an ensuite bathroom, with a huge bath tub.

A window sat at the head of my bed and it looked into the room of another girl, who also seemed to live in a house like mine.

The rest of the room had a dressing table, mirror and desk, and a small photograph sat on the small table next to my bed.

"I was going through some boxes and I thought you might want this to make here feel more like a home. I know it might be hard, but I wanted to make you feel happy here" Celeste said when she saw me look at the photo "I can take it back if you would like."

But I smile at her and say a thank you, before turning to look at my father only to realise he is no longer in the room.

"The past few weeks have been hard on him, I'm sure you could understand" Celeste explains "Maybe tomorrow you and I could go shopping get a few things for school. Get to know each other."

"Sure, I think I'd like that." I reply with a genuine smile.

Considering I had no idea my father was married and that I had a stepmother I didn't know about, I was happy that she was someone who tried.

Maybe staying here wouldn't be as bad.

After a small dinner and chat about school I tiredly made my way up the stairs and collapse onto my bed.

I stare at the plain ceiling. Debating whether or not I have the energy to actually get up and get dressed for bed or just stay how I am and sleep.

But I eventually make my way up and get in pj's and brush my teeth before tucking myself into the bed. Letting my eyes close and sleep take over.

----------
This is the first offical chapter!
Please vote and comment and I don't mind if you help fix grammatical errors but please don't be rude

-A xx