Prayers To The Angel

Lily POV
"Father, I dont think i can do this" i said walking into my Fathers music room.
"Nonsense. Why on earth would you say such a thing?" He asked looking up from his sheet music. He had recently gotten back into composing as business slowed down. The house was filled with his banging away at the piano and organ, and in the mornings the soft humming of the violin after he woke.
"Im scared, my stomach is churning and my heart is racing" i said fidgeting with the hem of my dress.
"Nerves are certainly not a bad thing my love" he said. "I still get them, as did your mother almost every time she sang in front of a crowd"
"But I'm so scared. I don't want my voice to falter at the last note, I can barely do it now. We've practiced so much, I don't want to disappoint you" i said looking at my feet. He seemed shocked and hurt by my words. He extend his hand for me to grab. I walked to him and sat at beside him at the bench at the organ.
"Lillian Rose Destler. You could never disappoint me. Ever. I never want those words to leave your mouth again. Understand me?" He said sternly. I nodded reluctantly.
"Now, the final note. I have a trick for you. You will have to go into your head voice. Start soft and gradually push louder. That's what i told your mother" he aid wrapping his arms around me.
"Yes father" I said.
"Good girl, now go get changed. We shall head up to the theater in a bit" he said. I hurried off to my room changing into the black and purple dress father had surprised me with for tonight. He knew me all too well. I braided my hair and put on the head band with a white bow that Aunt Meg and I had bought last weekend. She and I had spent a lot of time together along with Noel sometimes as well. Noel had been training under Madame Giry and Meg, she was spectacular.
Before I left my bedroom I picked up the picture I had of mother. I had kept it on my dresser so every morning I saw her beautiful face, giving me strength to start my day.
"Mother, if your listening.... Please watch over me during this performance. Father and I have worked so hard to perfect it. He's put so much faith into me. I wish you were here to see me tonight. Father always tells me I sound like you, and that someday I'll be just as good, if not better. So, please give me the strength to be as perfect as you were when preforming this song. Give me your grace and stage presence..." I prayed to her feeling a tear roll down my cheek.
"I know you will never be here for real, but please be here in spirit. I love you" I said placing a kiss on the picture...
"She will always be here. She is our angel of music"
I tuned to see father standing tall in my doorway. He looked so handsome. Wearing a black tuxedo with a white bow tie. His hair was meticulously slicked back, and his white mask freshly polished. A warm smile he wore on his lips. He pulled out his pocket watch checking the time.
"Let's not be late dear" he sad reaching his hand out for me to take. I stood and took his hand, and we left for the theater above our home.

Erik POV
Moments ago I had done the same thing, praying to my angel.
"My Christine, please watch over our darling girl tonight. I see the fear in her eyes but the determination in her heart. She's so much like you. She's worked so hard for this. I can still hear your voice when she sings. So delicate yet powerful, soft yet strong. Christine I miss you as the day is long. My Christine. Please angel. Be there in spirit tonight. She will make you just as proud as she has made me." I prayed to my love. I exited my room only to hear my daughter murmuring in her room,
"I know you will never be here for real, but please be here in spirit. I love you" she said as I watched from her doorway. My heart ached watching the sight of my daughter softly kiss the picture of her mother.
"She will always be here. She is our angel of music" I said watching her turn to face me. I smiled and extended my arm to her to hold on to as we made our way to the theater.
The inside of the theater had many people already filling in their seats already. I saw Noel, Meg and Madame Giry speaking un hushed tones in the corner. Noel wore a white leotard and tutu, they seemed to look familiar, quite possibly a hand me down of Megs.
"Father, I can do this"
"I know you can my love. I never doubted it for a second. Now, I will be in box five up there" I said pointing to the box on stage right. "You can do this. I have all the faith in the world in you my angel. Your angel of music is here" i sad placing my finger over her heart.
"I love you Father. I shall see you after the performance." I said hugging her tightly. She ran off to the stage where other members of her class stood speaking to a teacher.
"Daddy I told you I need the blue bow not the pink one!" I heard a shrill voice yell from behind me. Behind me stood a blonde haired girl stomping her feet at her fathers most likely honest mistake.
"Im so sorry my dear" the rather large, bald man said.
"You've ruined my night!" This child was truly obnoxious. She reminded me of that diva soprano from the opera house all those years ago. Carlotta was it? Such a shame i had to hang your husband all those years ago for running his fat, sweaty hands all over my Christine.
"Mr Destler!" I heard someone yell my name. Ramin stood behind me.
"Ramin my boy!" I said extending my hand which he shook like a true gentleman. He wore a navy suit with black shoes. His bow tie however was quite crooked. "Here, let me fix this" I said straightening his tie. "There, now you look like a proper gentleman" i said grinning at the young boy. He really did clean up nicely.
"Are you preforming?" I asked curiously.
"No I came here to see Lily" he said blushing. So that's why you cleaned up so nicely... I understand now.
"I see. Well would you care to join me in my box?" I said gesturing for him to join me.
"Yes sir. Thank you" he said.