Birthday

Lily POV
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!" I heard as my door opened to reveal Noelle bright eyed and bushy tailed holding a small red velvet cupcake.
"Ugh..." I groaned pulling the covers over my head, I was exhausted. Noelle had stayed until 3am, we had sat on the purchase and caught up. We talked about high school, boys- well men for the two of us you could say, dance in Italy and various other topics.
"Oh come on Birthday girl! Sierra an your Father are downstairs making pancakes. You should have seen it, your Father already burned about three batches. Sierra said he's no longer aloud to touch breakfast." Noelle laughed as I tried to let myself slip back into my slumber.
"All right fine, if that doesn't wake you up this shall." I let my eyes flutter open to see a black rose and letter being handed to me.
"He dropped it off this morning. Your lucky Sierra received it and not your Father." I smirked and sat up in bed and took the letter from her and admired the rose that accompanied it.

The rose smelled wonderful, and the letter had his beautiful hand writing on the front

The rose smelled wonderful, and the letter had his beautiful hand writing on the front. I opened it,

My Flower,
Happy Sixteenth Birthday my dearest. You really are now a woman, not that you haven't always been in my eyes.
I must apologize however, I will be unable to attend your dinner tonight for I have prior commitments to attend to. I am so sorry my flower, how I wish I could be there to spend the day with you. Do trust me however, I have plans for us. I would not let my girlfriends birthday pass without giving her a night to remember...
I shall see you soon my flower.
Yours truly with devotion,
JMx

I felt myself shutter at those words... Girlfriend.... and Night to remember....
"He's not coming but has plans for us..." I said sniffing the rose again and handing Noelle the letter.
"Goodness, he sounds like quite the charmer Lilypad," Noelle said grasping my hand as she read the letter.
"He is, truly. I seem to loose myself every time I look into his deep brown eyes." I said blushing just thinking about James.
"My flower? Doesn't Ramin call you that sometimes?" Noelle said,
"Yes he did. I'm sure he doesn't mind that James calls me that." I said pushing back the covers and standing up. I placed the rose in the vase in my room which held all of the flowers from the last bouquet James had bought me when we first met.
"Girls breakfast is ready," Sierra said walking into my bedroom, then she softly shut the door behind her. "Let me read the letter!" She whispered excitedly, possibly more excited than myself. Noelle handed her the letter and she read as a smirk formed on her lips,
"A night to remember huh?" She said looking at me with a smile. I nodded and felt myself turn a scarlet red.
"Well, its unfortunate that he will not be attending however, now we wont have to worry about your Father snapping his neck if he touched you in the slightest." Sierra giggled. "Now change and come downstairs, breakfast will be getting cold if you don't hurry." Sierra said excusing herself from my room.
"I really like her with your Father. She seems to brighten both of your spirits, and she obviously is a good person to have around when it comes to relationships." Noelle said as I changed into a black and purple dress.
"I do too. She makes him very happy I believe, she makes me happy as well." I said smiling as I placed the locket Father bought my for my thirteenth birthday around my neck.
We made our way downstairs to see Father and Sierra setting the table,
"Happy Birthday mon amour," Father said walking towards me pulling me into his embrace.
"Thank you Father," I said resting my head onto his chest.

We spent the day relaxing about the house when it suddenly became six at night and everyone arrived at the house for my birthday dinner. Madame Giry and Meg came first with Noelle's father as well. Meg was looking radiant as ever, she was eight months into her pregnancy expecting the baby to come any day now. Then a average sized handsome young man followed the three. He really was handsome, he had deep brown eyes and his hair was cut shirt but kept long up top.
"Robert!" Noelle squealed and ran toward him, This was her new lover.
"How are you my love?" He said in a french accent,
"Very well, come meet Lily!" Noel said dragging him to my side. He introduced himself and we made polite small talk until Ramin came through. His attire was different indeed from his usual dirty barn clothing. He smirked at me as I stared at him,
"I like the suit Ramin," I said hugging him tightly,
"Thank you, I felt it was necessary to clean up for such an important night." He said placing a soft kiss on top of my head.
"It's just a birthday," I said softly
"Yes, but it is your birthday" He said taking my hand and placing a soft kiss on my hand.
"Dinner!" I heard Sierra call from the door, I walked away from Ramin and we headed towards the dining room.
Dinner was full of stories and laughs. I sat in between Ramin and Noelle, the three of us confined to silly kick each other from under the table just like we used to when we were children.
"Shall we do gifts?" Meg asked,
"I think that's a fine idea," Said Sierra. Father stood from the table and began to bring me assorted presents. I received multiple beautiful pieces of jewelry, dresses and various trinkets.
"Thank you so much everyone!" I said, there were smiles all around then I saw Father looking at me precariously. He simply nodded towards the door of the music room,
"Excuse me," I said to our company and they all seemed to understand as they should when it comes to Father being rather mysterious.

Erik POV
"Why are you dragging me away from everyone?" Lily asked as she sat on the piano stool.
"I have something for you-"
"More? Father you've already gotten me so many nice things today, I don't need anymore." She said walking to me and taking my hands in hers.
"Well, so be quite honest most of that was Sierra's doing..." I said smirking.
"Well I know the rose necklace was you," She said smirking,
"Yes, that was indeed me but, I have one last thing for you. I thought it would be best if just me and you were together while I gave you this because it is rather personal," I said striding towards the cabinet in the corner of the room. There a music box sat on the first shelf, my hands began to tremble as I reached for it. I grasped the box and looked at the small ballerina on top of it, an exact model of my Christine.
"This is my final present to you," I said setting the box down in front of her, standing behind her resting my hands on her shoulders.
"Its beautiful," She said softly admiring my workmanship. "Did you make it?"
"It was a present for your Mother for her sixteenth birthday, I never gave it to her..." I said remembering how excited I was with my finished present, only to remember I couldn't give it to her. This was during the six month period she was living with Raoul while i scheming away.
"She would have loved it Father, as do I," She said taking my hand. "Please don't look so sad Father it breaks my heart to see you upset. You deserve happiness Father,"
"My child you provide me with all of the love and happiness a man could ask for," I said pulling her to her feet as she embraced me warming my heart.
"I hate to interrupt this sweetly sickening moment-" The voice of the Daroga interrupted. "But our company is hoping to leave,"
"Thank you Nadir, we will be up in a moment," Lily said taking care of the pestering of my friend. We were left alone again,
"You really like it? If you don't I can-"
"Hush Father, I love it." She said leaning her head into my chest. I ran my hands through her chestnut curls,
"Happy Birthday mi amour,"