Chapter 31: Familiar voices

Rain drizzled down, making my brown untamed hair, become wet and clingy. Hmm... sounds like me.

I tightened the grip on my gun as I hid behind a tree, slowly peaking round to see Dax standing there.

Bellamy lay on the ground, his facial expression seeming scared.
A click of a gun sounded.

Bellamy's facial expression turned into one of confusion, his eyes widening.

The bullets are duds. I breathed a sigh of relief and came out of hiding.

"Dax, put down the gun!" I ordered, making my presence.

He whipped his head around quickly. "Your supposed to be hallucinating!" He said seeming shocked. "The nuts..."

"I haven't eaten today, or yesterday as a matter of fact. More important stuff is happening around us and I'm sure I can survive one more day without food."

"What can I say? I tried not to kill you, but here you are, and Shumway said no witnesses." Dax shrugged.

"What is he talking about?" I frowned.

"Shumway set it up." Bellamy mumbled as the realisation hit him. "He gave me the gun to shoot the chancellor."

"Walk away now, and I won't kill you." Dax bargained. I kept my gun pointed at him in case he tried anything, still not trusting him.

"Put it down. Your choice."

"Your right. It is my choice," I clicked the gun nut nothing fired out of it. My eyes widened as I cursed, jumping behind a tree just before Dax fired his gun.

There was a grunt and a thud. Quickly, I jumped from behind the tree to see Bellamy and Dax fighting.

Dax kicked Bellamy in the face, sending him flying backwards, giving Dax time to get up.

I quickly launched forward for the gun but Dax instantly spotted and darted towards me, slamming his fist into my face.

"God that's gonna leave a bruise," I muttered as I struggled to get back up, wobbling slightly.

Everything all blurred at quickly as Bellamy picked up a bullet off the ground, jamming it into Dax' neck.

Blood began to pool from Dax' mouth as Bellamy watched in horror. His first kill. Dax' body fell to the ground as Bellamy hopped up, panting and hyperventilating.

"Bell," I said softly as I held out my arms for him. He instantly stumbled into them, burying his head int he crook of my neck. "Your okay."

"No, I'm not." Bellamy mumbled, pulling away and shaking his head. "My mother... if she knew what I've done, who I am... she raised me to be better, to be good..."

His eyes were glossy and he looked on the verge of tears. It broke my heart to see him like this.

"Bellamy..."

"And all I do is hurt people" Bellamy sniffled. "I'm a monster."

"Hey... You have saved my life today." I breathed out as I placed my hand on both sides of his head.

"You may be a total ass half the time, but I need you. We all need you. None of us would've survived this place if it wasn't for you. You want forgiveness, fine, I'll give it to you. You're forgiven, ok, but you can't run, Bellamy. You have to come back with me. You have to face it. Like you faced your mom?"

Bellamy shook his head. "You're right. I don't want to face my mom. I don't want to face any of it. All I think about every day is who we're gonna keep everyone alive, but we don't have a choice."

Bellamy sniffles once again, "Jaha will kill me when he comes down."

"We'll figure something out." I whispered, grabbing his hand and entwining my fingers with his.

Bellamy looked down at our hands and looked back up, smiling. "Can we figure it out later?"

"Whenever you're ready."

________________________

Edited: No

Heya, so I just wanted to tell you that I'm in year 9 now and that means I'm going to have to choose my options for GCSE soon plus I'll be getting more homework.

I'm working on a lot of different books at the moment but I promise I will update at least 3 times a month or maybe 4 which would mean I update once a week leaving one spare week for me to update my other books to or get double updates done.

Anyways buh-baiiii 😘

PLEASE VOTE

COMMENT

AND SHARE 🌸

___________________________
Word count: 729