Mommy Dearest

I walked down the hall with Eddie beside me. I've hung out with him for the past couple of days.

"Hi Nicolette!"
"Hey Nicolette!"
"Nikki, hey!"

People greeted me now, some were envious, even. I send them a smile and kept walking. Eddie's been by my side since my fight with Nicolas.

Why should I call him father, he's never been one to me. No wonder mother always told me she disliked him. She never talks about him, and when she did, it would be negative things.

"Nina's birthday is around the corner and we're thinking the theme should be princess." Eddie spoke.

"That sounds lame!" I exclaimed, princess themed anything is a bad idea.

"It's not that bad. Don't you have parties on the Isle." He asked.

"No, we have raves, hell raisers! We like to keep things... wicked."

"Wicked is out of the question."

"You're no fun." I pout.

"She likes mermaids, her godmother is Ariel and she takes her swimming every other week." He suggested

"Mermaid themed it is then." I gave a toothy smile. We made our way to join the gang for lunch. F.G had excused me from the class, cause of sword fighting club.

I heard that familiar voice. It was none other then Maleficent's voice. I walked in quickly to see the gang and F.G around a tv, talking to our parents.

"Is that--"

"Our parents? Yeah." I said quickly.

"Where is Nicolette, my dear Mal?" I heard mother ask. Before Mal could answer, I said,

"Right here, mother." I made myself show, the guys moving out of the way for mother to see me. Mother's face looked serious and angry when she looked at me.

"Nicolette, what are you wearing?" She gasped.

"W-what?" I stuttered.

"Midnight blue is your color, not crimson red! God, must you be such a disappointment,"

"Oh lighten up, I think she looks fairest. Not as much as Evie, though--"

"Excuse me, my daughter is known as the beauty of the Isle!" And so Evil Queen and Queen Narissa were bickering back and forth. I walked towards the door, not even looking back at anyone.

I flicked my finger, making the color of my clothes into blue and black. I ripped the flower crown of my head, turned it to pure silver. I placed it back on my head.

This is who I am, and always will be to my mother. A disappointment.

"Nicolette..." Eddie said softly.

"I got it, man." I heard Jay tell me, before footsteps approaching me. "Hey Lette." Jay whispered, he wrapped his arms around me and let me sob on his shirt.

"M?"

"What do you think our parents are gonna do to us if we don't pull this off?" Mal took a deep breath before saying,

"I think they will be quietly disappointed in us, but ultimately, proud of us for doing our best."

"Really?" Carlos wondered.

"No. We are definitely goners." Mal said sadly.

"Yeah." The rest of us agreed.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Okay, we all know what this looks like." Mal pointed at the sketch of Fairy Godmother's wand.

"It'll be up on the dais, the wand will be under the beast's spell jar." I said. Pointing to where the wand will be.

"We'll be coming in from here." Mal pointed on the paper with the picture of the coronation hall that Mal drew. "Lette and I will be in the very front. You all will be in the balcony. Carlos?"

"Okay, so I'll find our limo so we can break the barrier and get back on the island with the wand." Carlos rehearsed.

"Perfect. Evie?" Mal said.

"Yeah?" Evie replied quickly. Mal took out a bottle of perfume she created.

"You will use this to take out the driver, two sprays and he'll be out like a light." Evie nodded, taking the perfume bottle. It was silent for a moment. We all backed away, Jay and Carlos tossed themselves on to their beds, Evie put the perfume in her purse and I sat across from Mal.

"M, you want to break Ben's love spell?" Evie asked, I looked at them I shock and saw the page on How to break a Love Spell.

"Yeah... you know for after."

"Mal..." Evie said softly.

"I've just been thinking, you know when the villains finally invade Auradon, and being to loot, and kick everyone out of their castles, and imprison their leaders, and destroy all that is good and beautiful, Ben still being in love with me just seems a little extra... cruel." Mal stood up and left the table.

"Mal..." But she already left. I looked at Evie and frowned.

"This is going to be more hard on her then us." I said, sitting on Jay's bed.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jay stood from his bed, looking over at the trophy. The trophy he won in Tourney. The Tourney Team his let his keep it as a token of his first team game. Jay only stared at it with a sad face.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Carlos turned around from his bed, his eyes opened to see Dude. Dude whined making Carlos pet his head.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Evie turned over and opened the draw next to her. Taking out the B+ paper she earned, with even using her magic mirror. She had realized that she was just as smart, she didn't need the mirror to help. Evie gave a sad smile.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mal cooked up the recipe to break the love spell on Ben. A single tear fall in the mix, it was the final ingredient. Mal mixed the batter up, felt as her heart broke.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Nicolette sat there on her bed, Eleanor already sound asleep. She laid down and looked at the ceiling before her eyes drifted to the chair that held her blue and yellow sword club jacket. Nicolette grabbed the jacket and held it close to her chest. She couldn't help but let tears fall before drifting off to a dreamless sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I wrote this super quickly so if I have an errors please tell and make sure to read my other stories.

Also I am now making covers for stories, so if anyone is making a story and would like a cover like the ones I have on my stories, go and message me on what you would like.