The Tears Of Blood

Start from the beginning

"Lucy!" I hear my name being called. It was my dad.

I wanted to cry, to run up to him and give him a hug, but one look and I new I couldn't. This dad was the old dad. The one that would beat me every time I did something wrong. This was one of the very little times I feared for Mira and I's life.

"Your late" he says in a bitter tone.

"I-I'm sorry. My friend Karma was walking me home an-"

"A Boy!?" He asks angrily. I slowly nod my head.

I watched in horror as his face twisted into the one I had grown to fear. I told Mira to go to her room, I didn't want her to see what was about to happen next.

He punched me in the side and I slammed agenced the floor. He than procided to kick me in the stomach. Every time he hit me he would ramble something about getting married and no boy friends. This was the side of him that I hated.

When he was done he told me to get up and that we had guests coming. I dragged myself up the long stairs to my room were Mira was. She took one look at me and gasped.

"H-he did this to you?" She asked in fear. I nodded my head.

She cleaned my wounds while I told her what happened. If looks could kill I'm pritty sure that even Zeref would be dead. She went to her room and got changed while I stayed in my'n. I finally got dressed when I heard the doorbell ring.

Mira and I got out of our rooms at the same time. We laughed and commented on each others dresses

"Lucy! Mirajane! Get down hear to greet our guests!" My dad yelled.

We hurried down stairs, opened the door and Two people came in. One was my dad's age with red hair and a sinister look on his face. The other was about my age with lighter red hair and an emotionless face.

"Hello and welcome! My father will be with you shortly" I say with a forced smile.

"Hello my dear, I am Gakuhō and this is my son Asano" the older man says.

"I'm Lucy and this is my cousin Mirajane" I say, still with that forced smile.

Father comes in and acts like he didn't do anything wrong. I sigh and drop the act. I get the food and place it on the big round table before anyone is there.

"Someone dosn't look happy" I heard someone say. I jumped a bit but It was just Asano.

"Is it just me or are those bruses on your arms" he says.

"I tripped" I simply say.

He didn't look satisfied with my answer but the bell rang for dinner. I sigh for the one hundredth time today.

Dinner was short as alwase. My father and Asano's father talked about the usual business thing, not to mention marriage. Surprisingly Mr. Gakuhō said that he would think about it. I excused myself and went to my room.

One of the wounds on my side was still bleeding so I did the gutsy thing and stitched it up myself. It hurt like hell but I've been through worse. After I took some pain killers, I went to bed and fell asleep.

The next day

I awoke to the sound of my alarm clock buzzing for me to get up. I smashed the snooze button and sleepily got out of bed. It was only Mira and I because apparently this worlds dad likes to go to work early.