Chapter 4 - The Past Will Never be Forgotten

Cece POV (backstory)

"Watch out asshole!" I scream at some guy who can't drive. I swivel my car away when he hits me. I pull over and storm out to see who this guy thinks he is.

I stop dead in my tracks as I realize who it is. I try to get back in my car and drive away, but he grabs my arm. "What do you want?" I say in a low voice, not wanting to anger him.

"Look Cece, we need to talk." He says. What an idiot, he first cheats on me, then leaves me in the middle of nowhere to die and he expects me to talk to him?

"Goodbye, Travis." I say, still trying to escape his firm grip.

"Look Cece, I'm sorry. Why won't you let me make it up to you?" he pleads. What an asshole.

"So you do that by driving into my car?" He opens his mouth to talk, but nothing comes out.

Instead, I see him staring at me...no...something behind me. I turn around to face a gun pointed at us. A shadowy figure holds it. My heart races and I expect it to burst open and explode. Travis starts to slowly back away when I hear the voice. It's robotic, almost as if it's pre recorded. Before I can react, the figure pulls the trigger and I brace myself for the pain, but it never comes.

Horrified, I start to back away when I hit something- well, more like someone. I don't have to turn around to see who I ran into, I know it's Travis. I let out a horrified scream that's muffled by the sound of a series of more gunshots. I try to run away, but the figure approaches me with the gun pointed straight at my temple.

"You will do what I tell you, or you will end up like your poor friend here. Understand?" I can feel the gun on my head now; it burns through me like I've already died. I slowly nod my head, careful to not seem so scared and vulnerable.

****

"I later found out that figure was A. A wanted me to kill you and bring you to that location, but you know I could never do that so I drugged you. When you were in an aloof state of mind, I knocked you out and have you something to hide your pulse. I never worked for A. " I can see Ali trying to detect if I'm lying or not, it's what she always does. She watches my mouth form every word and my reactions to her's. I know she believes me when starts crying.