Chapter 21: Pink & Gold Part III

Start from the beginning

"WAIT A MINUTE!" Eunah suddenly called out, her face pale from disbelief. "I don't understand. Why is this happening?!"

"The prince had received a letter along with a photo for such a request." The messenger gave a rose a brow in question. "That is unless there has been a misunderstanding"

The Gong glanced towards the messenger and rushed to his daughter's side. "Now-eh-my daughter is just shocked by the news! She'd be happy to accept the prince's request!"

Eunah's head snapped towards her father, her eyebrows furrowing. "FATHER!"

"Make sure she is ready. The prince does not like to be kept waiting" With that said, the messenger gave a quick and swift bow before saddling unto his horse.

Eunah wasn't willing to wait for the messenger to leave before turning to confront her father. "Father! What are you doing?!"

"Eunah, this is the prince we are talking about"

"But I thought I told you that I didn't want to be wi-"

"AND I AM TELLING YOU THAT YOU WILL GO WITH THE PRINCE!" The Gong shouted suddenly before turning back towards the house.

Tears began to form as Eunah stepped forward. "FATHER I AM INLOVE WITH SOMEONE ELSE!"

The Gong paused and looked over his shoulder. "I know." He trudged back towards his daughter, his lips forming into a tight line. "Do you think I didn't notice that wandering poet coming to see you late at night?"

Ji-eun looked away. So father had known about it as well.

"I tolerated it for awhile but you being with the likes of him will only bring shame to our family name! Is that what you want?!"

"But you enjoyed his poems so much!" Eunah retaliated.

"That doesn't give him a free pass. He is unworthy no matter how many good poems he manages to write"

"BUT FATHER!"

"ENOUGH! YOU ARE FORBIDDEN FROM EVER SEEING THAT WORTHLESS POET AGAIN. YOU WILL GATHER YOUR THINGS AND YOU WILL GO WITH THE PRINCE!" The Gong rushed off and disappeared into the house, his wife reluctantly following suit. All that was left were the two Song sisters.

Ji-eun glanced briefly, taking note of Eunah's tearful face and started forward. But was immediately stopped by Eunah's words.

"It was you, wasn't it? You were the one who sent that letter"

Ji-eun paused and looked over her shoulder. "And what if I was?"

"WHY?! I NEVER DID ANYTHING TO YOU! HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT YOU LIKED GEONWU!"

"It doesn't matter now. This way I don't have to worry about you getting in my way ever again"

"WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS?!"

"Because...I always thought pink was a disgusting color" Ji-eun spoke with more venom as she looked Eunah up and down before also entering back inside their home.

Eunah was left standing there, feeling an array of emotions that seemed like too much for her to handle. She was angry. She was sad. She felt helpless. Unable to bear these feelings, she took off towards the direction of the one place her heart had always led her.

-------------------------------

The clearing was quiet and calm. There was noone there judging Eunah or telling her what to do. Here, she could be herself...and yet. Her days spent at this special spot would soon be over. She was going to be forced to be a concubine of the prince. And she had been forbidden of ever seeing Geonwu again, her heart was breaking. Sitting in the cool grass, she cried softly.