09

I'm not quite sure what had happened, but when I woke up our faces were only inches apart and one of his hands were interlocked with mine. I shuffled nervously, but there was no where to go inside the blankets.

Bradley slowly opened his eyes, surprised to see my face so close to his. He looked me up and down as he felt our hands together. His cheeks turned a bright shade of pink, but it wasn't from the cold this time. For a moment, I saw his eyes flicker down towards my lips, then immediately back up.

We didn't say anything after that, he just pulled me closer and I latched onto him. We continued holding hands, but he used his other arm to wrap around my body. I closed my eyes and nuzzled down into his chest, ready to go back to sleep.

However, we were jumped apart when a large banging noise came from behind me. I cocked my head around and saw Elliot burst through the door to the back room, Caleb following behind him.

My mind raced back to the small scene last night as I fell asleep. Caleb and Elliot sat in the chairs watching us as we warmed by the fire. I remember hearing Elliot speak about how he 'fucked up', which he did, but Caleb tried to assure him everything was fine. Just another moment of Elliot revealing how mentally insane he really was, no biggie.

"You two finally awake?" Caleb asked.

"Well we are now." Bradley mumbled, trying to get up. I saw him shiver as his shoulder met the cold winter air. I pushed him back down and covered him in blankets again.

"You better keep warm." I said as I slipped out of the blankets. He tried to hold onto my hand, but I pulled it away eventually and sealed the hole in the covers. He continued to act like he wanted to be freed from the blankets, but deep down he was comforted by the warmth they brought.

"Put these on." I heard Elliot say. He tossed Bradley's coat, sweater, shirt, mittens, and hat onto the floor next to us. Brad sat up quickly and pushed the covers off him. He rubbed his shoulders, his bare chest facing the harsh atmosphere.

"Let me help." I insisted. I handed Bradley his shirt as he carefully put it on. I helped him slip on his sweater first, then his jacket. His hands were still trembling from the ice water, and I was sure that he was sick. I weaved his limp fingers into his gloves and adjusted his hat to his head.

He stood up, as the blankets slipped off his legs revealing just his boxers. I blushed at the sight as he did his best to cover up.

"Could you pass me those?" He asked pointing to the skinny jeans I had neglected to pick up.

"Yeah, sure." I turned my head so I couldn't see him and passed over his trousers. I heard Bradley hop as he tried to put them on, and Elliot chuckle as he looked down at me.

"Hey Belle, my dad and I were about to go chop some wood, wanna come?" Caleb asked changing the subject.

"I think she's better off staying here and taking care of Brad." Elliot stated. He winked and fired a snort at me, so I focused my attention on the wood flooring and did my best to ignore him.

"Oh, alright. See you later then." Caleb opened up the door as he and Elliot walked outside. A rush of cold entered the cabin and seemed to linger even after the door had shut. I looked over at Bradley who had finished changing by now.

"Cold, isn't it?" He started the conversation. Although he was fully covered in dry clothing, he still shook and his teeth chattered.

"It absolutely is." I replied. Looking around at ways to make the room warmer, my eyes were drawn to the blankets around Bradley's feet. "Sit down, will you?"

Bradley looked at me with a confused face, but he took a seat anyway. He gingerly placed himself down on the chair Elliot had been sitting in. I picked up a grey blanket that had been remotely close to the fire, and draped it over his shoulders.