02

I wanted to look away, and I was trying to with all my strength. But I was too scared to move. Lucky for Caleb and Bradley, they were used to this and were able to avert their eyes. But I couldn't even blink without my heart skipping a beat.

"It was Brad." Caleb accused.

"Quiet Caleb no it wasn't." Bradley tried to defend himself, but it didn't work. Elliot had plastered his eyes onto Bradley's, giving him a death glare that would have caused me to have a heart attack.

"You cannot play with this!" He yelled, holding the gun.

"Well then you shouldn't have left it out." Bradley tried to fight back, but Elliot had an immediate response.

"I didn't. It was under the bed." Elliot's glare on Bradley softened, as he loosened himself from his anger. I was able to sigh a small sigh of relief as Elliot's face changed from frustration to guilt. I unpinned myself from the wall while Bradley fiddled his thumbs and Caleb stared down at the ground.

Elliot hesitated for a moment, leaving us to sit in silence for what felt like forever, but was actually a few seconds.

"I-I'm sorry I yelled." Elliot apologized.

"It's okay." I found myself saying. "You were just trying to protect us." Both Bradley and Caleb looked over at me, surprised by my sudden sympathy. When Elliot looked away, I shrugged my shoulders at the boys.

"You said fuck." Caleb ruined the calm mood I had managed to create.

"Caleb." Bradley scoffed at his younger brother. I could see an idea developing inside of Elliot's mind, and I wasn't sure if I was going to like it.

"Have any of you ever- ever shot one of these before?" Elliot spoke quizzically. We all shook our heads no, but none of us actually said it.

"Really?" Caleb suddenly seemed excited, as he leaned towards his father, hinting onto his thoughts.

"Yeah. I was about your age when my dad taught me how to use one."

"Mom would freak out." Bradley tried to argue.

"No she won't. Because she'll never find out, right?" Elliot smirked towards Caleb as I went to sit down next to Bradley on the bed. I had to agree with Brad on this one, I wasn't sure if taking a bunch of little kids out to shoot a gun was a great idea. "Belle."

I was surprised when I first heard my name, I wasn't quite sure how to respond. I fumbled with my words until I was finally able to organize my brain and come up with a sentence.

"Well you see, I've never thought of shooting a gun before. So how would I know before I've even tried it?" Unintentionally, I had just agreed to the proposition. Bradley kicked me in the shin, but I was able to hold back a squeal by biting my lip. "I'm sorry, I don't know what I just said." I mumbled into his ear.

"Then take it back!" He whisper shouted at me.

"I can't!"

"Why not?"

"Cause your dad kind of scares me." He rolled his eyes and turned his back towards me.

"What do you say I take you kids out." Elliot smiled his devilish smile once more.

"Yes!" Caleb shouted energetically. He looked over at us, then nudged my shoulder causing me to bump into Brad. "Say yes!"