02

After the first part the assessment, I was exhausted. The worst part is, I couldn't use my quirk for basically any of it. How is Mr. Aizawa supposed to assess my quirk if I can't even use it?

"Next task is the 50-meter dash!" Finally, I can use my quirk!

I sat on the ground, talking with Ochako Izuku and some guy with glasses.

"So, since you're a transfer student, you didn't have to take the entrance exam?" Glasses asked. I nodded.

"That might be the reason, I just assumed it was because of my parents and the fact that I'm here on recommendation." The guy nodded and then gasped.

"It seems that I didn't introduce myself yet! My name is Tenya Iida!" He bowed and I laughed a bit. "Your quirk but me amazing if you're here on recommendation. Also, who are your parents?" I blushed a bit and sighed at his question. Just as I was about to answer, Aizawa called my name.

"Until next time!" I waved and ran over to the starting line. I had to go against... The fiery maniac from before... Great.

"You're going to lose so you might as well give up now!" He yelled, and I sighed. This is going to be fun...

I prepared myself to run as fast as possible and speed up my time. I look over at my opponent and take a deep breath. Aizawa yells go and I watch the blonde position himself. Tons of thoughts rushed into my head. Should I just let him win? If I do, will he get even madder if I do? What if I=he figured it out and gets pissed? I shook my head and chose not to. I close my eyes and picture myself at the finish line and my opponent where he is currently. In a flash, I was there, panting. My opponent remained about halfway to the finish line. He arrived a second after me. Let's just say that he was just as angry as I thought he would be. No, a bit more upset than planned.

"Good job! I'm [Y/N] by the way, and you?" I asked, holding out my hand. He just made a 'tsk' sound and walked away. No? Okay then.

After a few more tasks, it was time for us to throw a ball. I asked Mr. Aizawa if I could run all the way to the end of the field and back and be the last to throw the ball. He said I could as long as I made it before it was my turn. This was something I had to do because of a drawback of my quirk. If I manipulate the time of an object to make it go farther, I have to see its endpoint and its surroundings. By the time I got to the 700 mark, I saw a ball fly past me. I ran past the ball that I saw and then turned back. I barely made it back in time. Mr. Aizawa gave me the ball and I walked over to the circle. I closed my eyes and pictured just past that ball I saw hurtling past me. I opened my eyes again and threw the ball. It looked like it was moving in slow motion, to me at least. I heard everyone gasp in slow motion too. I guess I've used my quirk to much today. When my quirk is overused, time slows down for me until I lose consciousness. I did the calculations and once the ball makes it to the endpoint, I'll lose consciousness. I sped up my time a bit so I could see what everyone else was seeing.

"Wow, [Y/N], you got past Bakugou." I smiled and lost my balance a bit. Bakugou walked over to me, angrily. Just as he was about to reach the circle, everything went black.

"So, that's your name?" I said, falling.

~~~

Once I regained consciousness, I was sitting in a bed in the nurse's office.

"You're, finally up?" Todoroki said, sitting next to the bed.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, really confused. Then it hit me. "Where did I place?"

"You were in tenth place, I think." He said, scratching his head. "And Midoriya asked me to make sure you were okay. He would have himself but he got last place so he was stuck with cleaning duty." I nodded and got up out of the bed.

"Thank you for watching over me!" I smiled. Todoroki took his left hand and pushed his bangs up, fluffing them a bit. Was he hiding a blush, because it's harder to tell on the right side of his face? I smirked at the thought.

"It was no problem." He said, stone-faced. I looked at the time and classes had ended a while ago.

"So, would you like to walk home together?" He nodded and we left the building.

---

Omg another chapter~ I planned on just updating once a week but I couldn't wait! This one isn't as long as the other one but it's still 800+ words!! Till next time~!