Ethereal 32: The Punishment (Unedited)

Start from the beginning

She hugged herself with one hand and continued walking, rather slowly.

"N-Nothing!" I answered quickly. What the hell! Sasuke saw me! That's so embarrasing! How? Window was open? Oh yes, it was!

I couldn't believe at myself. What a great thing I did. And Gaara? Where is he? Again a mere thought of him made my heart beat faster. How can he not notice it? Did he let Sasuke see us on purpose? Why? Why? Why?

Sakura stoppes in her tracks. "You don't need to lie Naeko."

"What?" I was taken in by surprise. "What lie?" Sasuke had by now left and we were moving behind everyone else.

"Stop it!" she almost shouted, "Do you think I am dumb? I can't see how Sasuke is attracted to you?!"

"What?!" My heart fipped. "No, you are wrong!"

"I am not wrong! What is it all about then? The tattoo? The blushing? Last night?" she emphasized on the last two words.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. If it's true in anyway that Sasuke is attracted towards me, then I had to stop it right now! It would be wrong. I always shipped SasuSaku and now that I am here, I can't let myself ruin it.

"Wait wait! Slow down!" I snapped at her. "Last night you say?" I half questioned myself, touching the spot he kissed, the spot where bow was a heart tattooed. "He- he saw us together." I blurted out. "Sasuke, he saw me and Gaara together." I blushed.

"You and Gaara?"

"Yes. He-" I paused to select the right words but failed to do so, "He came to my house yesterday and kissed me," I said pointing at the new tattoo, "here."

"What the-?" She seemed shocked, "That guy did?" she raised one of her eyebrows.

"Yeah," I smiled shyly, "and thats why, this mark is here. He kissed right here. I didn't even know it existed until a few minutes back!"

Sakura had suddenly cheered up . "So, do you like him as well?" she squeeled like a small girl.

"Well... I guess so." I said, scratching my cheeks.

"You definitely do! You are blushing badly." she stated and started laughing. "But, Sasuke does like you, I guess."

Now I knew why Gaara didn't do anything.

"Gaara probably wanted to let Sasuke see us together on purpose." I smiled to myself, "He even admitted that he was jealous." I said and paused, "but he said that I am his." I pouted and took Sakura's hands in mine and assured her, "now all there is left is to tell Sasuke to back off!" I grinned.

"Wha--" I didn't let her complete and ran towards Sasuke. I got caught of his arm and pulled him backwards.

"Wait and listen." I said and folded my arms in front if my chest. "I am so glad that you opened up your heart to me, but I only see you as a friend."

"Hn." He said and ignored me.

"Now, don't give me the cold shoulder." I pouted. "You see, I already like soneone else and," I looked at Sakura, "there are people who love you more than you could imagine."

His face seemed so disinterested that I couldn't help but frown. Oh well, its him we are talking about.

"I don't know if you understand me now or not, but I am sure you will." I paused, "Someday." and hugged him.

He didn't resist and went off without a word after I left him. If only he were attracted to Sakura.

"Uh Naeko," Sakura seemed kind of troubled, "Thankyou for all that but..."

"Hmn? But what?" I asked gleefully.

"Uh.. I guess you have a problem." she said and pointed in the opposite direction. "He kinda saw you and had a very scary look on his face."

I turned around and saw him. Ugh. Stupid problems one after another. I sighed. "You go on ahead, I will just come." Sakura nodded and left.

I went the other way and went and stood beside him. "Hey," I said shyly as I tucked my hair behind my ear, the other arm being behind my back.

He didn't move, just eyed ne from the corner of his eyes. I smiled. "I liked this new tattoo, you know?" I tried to make a conversation.

"Why aren't you angry?" He asked.

"Angry?" I was confused, "Why would I be?" The sun was now above our heads, too hot to bear. I put my hand in my pocket and took out a band to tie my hair up.

He saw me doing that and quickly looked away. "I forced myself on you, yesterday." he said, "and even left a mark."

First, I kept staring at him and then I started to laugh. "I already knew you were coming," I said looking away, "and I really don't mind this mark." I said touching it, "Its almost the same as yours, just that yours is in characters." I said meekily.

He disn't say anything but the sun above me was gone. I grinned looking upwards, the sand cloud howered over me.

"I still can't forgive myself for imposing on you." He was barely audible.

Alright. This is my chance.

"We will be equal if I imposed myself on you, right?" I said and moved closer. There was no time for him to reply. I cupped his face in my hands and kissed him, carresing his lips.

After that, I stood on my toes and kissed him on his forehead, directly on his mark of love.

"This is what you get for imposing yourself on me." I said and left, "your punishment."

I literally hopped and skipped on my way back.

My first true kiss. I hope he didn't mind. I shook my head rather wildly. No. Don't think. Now is not the time.

"Time for mission : Find the scroll!" I pumped up.

_____________________________________

A/N

Hello guys, as you can probably make out that this story is gonna end soon. Hope you all are enjoying! Romance is not my forte but still I somehow managed it, now its time to solve tge real problem. How to get back? Find out in next chapter! Vote and Comment if you liked it!

~Sassy