3- SAM, MEET SAM.

Start from the beginning

Ethan handed the note to me. It read:
Welcome to Crystal High! It was written in an almost perfect cursive writing.

"Am I supposed to say thank you?" I snorted.

"She speaks!" Ethan said before placing a hand over his heart, faking hurt. "I actually wrote that. Thought you'd like it."

"Well, maybe I would if a rat hadn't initially popped out of my locker." I can't believe I'm actually talking to the bullies. Well, a bully. "But if it makes you feel better, you do have a nice handwriting."

"See?" Ethan grinned at his friends. They all shot him glares so his grin faded quickly.

"So, new girl." Ryan Hamilton started as he rounded me a bit. "We don't actually give this advice to our preys but for some reason, you got lucky. The simple advice is 'Watch your Steps'."

Did he just imply that I'm his prey?
Then just like the way they came, they disappeared.

Huh?

***

"Hey Paul." I said, as I entered the limousine. I had to put on my hoodie at the end of classes so as to stay invisible. I really needed to avoid the bullies. I still had not seen the female bullies and I was a bit worried about that.

I had avoided Cecilia too. I couldn't let her see me entering this limo. I mean, it's so embarrassing to still be picked up from school in senior year, let's alone in a limo. I would have to talk to dad about getting a car. Thankfully, I did not see any of the bullies in my remaining classes. Cecilia was in my arts class but we didn’t talk much. I'm still getting to know her and it's pretty weird to start sharing experiences.

"Hey Sam." Paul greeted as he started the car. "How was school today?" He asked while eyeing my hoodie from the rearview mirror. I shrugged.

"It wasn't so bad. But it wasn't so good either." Paul raised an eyebrow. I sighed.

"I met the notorious bullies." I had told Paul about it this morning before we drove to school when he asked why I was wearing a hoodie on my uniform despite the weather not being exactly chilly. He nodded. "They pulled a prank on me." I said and told him the whole story. I could see him biting back his laugh.

"What?" I glared at him. He shook his head.

"You'll love the school, you'll see." He said as he made the bend to Cory's school.

"You sound confident." I said, but he only shrugged.

"Do you think dad will let me have a car for myself?" I suddenly asked.

"I guess. Is there a problem?"

"Not really. I like you Paul, really. But seriously? I find it somehow embarrassing to be picked up as a senior year student." That was all it took to finally make Paul burst out laughing. I frowned.

"Not funny!" Paul glanced behind to look at me, his grey eyes twinkling in amusement.

"Oh, but it is." He grinned. "Your dad would do anything though. He really loves you and he's really sorry." It was amusing how he suddenly turned from 'playful' to 'serious'. I snorted.
Paul pulled up at Cornward High and I got down from the car. I didn't want Paul to continue what he started. I knew he was just concerned but he had no right to meddle in our family issue. I wanted to be angry at him but I couldn't. He's really nice and didn't deserve it.

I spotted Cory at a distance. He seemed engrossed in his conversation with two boys around his age. It was surprising to see Cory already making friends at first meeting. He was not exactly the friendly type. Then all of a sudden, I saw him yelling. Then his mouth sort of formed the word 'mum'. I then knew those boys had said something they shouldn't have.

Then he was calm again and smiled at them.

Uh? Bipolar much?

Cory would kill me if I ever said that out loud! I chuckled. The three boys soon started towards the car which I was now leaning on.

"Hey sis." Cory greeted as soon as they were close enough.

"Hey." Then I heard a low whistle. It was from a curly blonde with green eyes which strangely reminded me of Caleb's. He grinned.

"Hey, sweetheart! I'm Sam El-" He got cut when Cory whacked his head. The other guy burst out laughing and I couldn't help but smile.

"First, you don't call my sis ‘sweetheart’ or whatnot. And two, I do the introduction." Cory smirked "Sam, meet Sam." He grinned, obviously pleased with the idea that he actually did something. I snorted.

"I usually get upset when I meet another 'Sam'. But I'm willing to let it slide cos you're just so cute!" Sam said. Cory glared at him and he shrugged, grinning. Okay, he definitely isn't related to Caleb! Such contrast! I watched them in amusement.

"Oh, and this is Peter Reed, my only reasonable friend!" Peter grinned.

"Hey! I'm-" Sam was saying, before he got cut by Peter.

"Why, yes I am." He said. "Nice to meet you." I nodded and shook his extended hand.

"I'm Samantha. Nice to meet you too." I said. "And I love your hair, by the way." His hair was shiny dark brown. It was like a freshly made chocolate.

"Er, Thanks." He blushed.

"I have a nice hair too." Sam whined but got tilted heads and raised eyebrows in response. I chuckled as Cory and I entered the limo, before waving at Cory's two new friends.

Even though I wasn't going to love my new school, I was glad Cory was already loving his!

A/N: Thanks for reading this. It means a whole lot to me!

Vote~Comment~Share

Lots of love ;)

Shirley!!!