Progress, Blackmail and Threats

To say the day was enjoyable would've been an understatement. It felt like weeks since Aron and Logan had spent any time together. It felt good to have his friend back, even for just a day. Call it selfish, Aron didn't care.

He had almost forgotten the events of last night as he and Logan meandered back to campus.

“Have you given any further though to joining the swim team this year? Logan asked. “I mean, you're their only chance of winning at least something this year."

“I'll have a chat with the student advisor on Monday.” Aron answered quietly still wrapped up in the whirlwind of emotions and thoughts flashing and darting through his mind. Swimming, Logan and the chance of happiness wasn't forming many coherent thoughts.

“Good.” smiled Logan. “And if you stick at it long enough, I just might introduce you to Josh.”

“Tease.” Aron spluttered. “And I don't know what you're talking about.” huffed Aron focussing on the concrete footpath.

“Whatever you say.” Logan smirked, throwing his arm around Aron's shoulders. “But I will introduce you soon...I think you two will get along nicely, like two sides of the same coin.”

Aron couldn't help but smile, even though Logan knew his cryptic hints pissed Aron off to no end.

* * *

After dropping Aron back at the dorm, Logan had a quick shower and raced away. Not wanting to miss his dinner reservation and incur the wrath of his loving girlfriend Georgia.

Drumming his fingers contentedly as he waited for Georgia to arrive, he felt tell-tale vibrations in his pocket.

JOSH
When are you going to make
good on your promise?

Suppressing a laugh, Logan quickly tapped a reply

LOGAN
All in good time, but before I introduce
you, we are going to have a discussion
about my best friend.

JOSH
?!

LOGAN
There are just some things you need to know
about Aron...It's nothing terrible but you need
to know nonetheless.

* * *

As the evening sun slid below the horizon, Aron fired up his laptop to book an appointment with the student advisor. Frowning slightly, he booked the only available time: 8:15 Monday morning. Massaging the back of his neck as he stood, the tension he had been holding since last night was more apparent than ever. Plugging his phone into the USB socket on the wall, he felt a hot shower was definitely in order. It was where he did some of his best thinking...apart from the pool of course.

He had already had the best day with his friend, he got noticed (hopefully) by that cute friend of Logan's and on Monday he was going to join the swim team for the remainder of the school year. Nothing could detract from this moment...not even the unread message flashing on his phone.

SENDER UNKNOWN
HE. WONT. BE. ABLE. TO.
PROTECT. YOU. FOREVER!

* * *

Logan returned from his dinner date in high spirits. He had made good on his promise to spend more time with Aron, had a magical evening with Georgia, no 111 texts and Aron had made his appointment with the student advisor.

The soft glow coming from behind Aron's slightly ajar door told him Aron was hopefully having an undisturbed dreamless sleep. The salt lamp he had bought Aron last Christmas seemed to be working, even though Logan didn't believe in that stuff.

Nothing was going to keep Aron from his happiness, not even the unread message Logan was frowning at, and with swift fingers he deleted the message before softly padding his way to his room and the blissful joy of sleep.