Cotton

After I thanked him a thousand times for letting me stay with him, Matty and I decided to go shopping. Well, Matty decided that we should go shopping. I protested and promised him what I had was fine, but he insisted that I couldn't wear the same 5 shirts for the rest of my life. Maybe that was a little exaggerated, but you get the picture.

I let Matty drag me around London, going into different stores to see what I liked. There were so many different kinds of clothes. Every store had something completely different from the last and I was blown away. I'd never really been shopping before. My father had taken me once when all of my clothes from childhood grew too small, but of course that was very short lived.

We walked into a store called Forever 21 and I fell in love immediately. Matty told me to pick out anything I wanted and left me to look through all the different clothing options I had. Lots of things had floral print, which I liked, but most items I thought were cute from afar turned out to be not so cute up close. I spotted a cute jacket that I fell in love with from across the store, but as I took it off the rack and spun it around, I was disappointed by the big sequin letters spelling out 'k, bye' on the back. I put the jacket back on the rack and continued wandering around. 

"Do you need any help finding anything?" A girl with shoulder length blonde hair asked me. 

She looked young, but not younger than me. Maybe 22, give or take a year or two. Her eyes were a piercing blue and she had an overall friendly vibe.

"Um, I don't think so." I said awkwardly. 

She smiled at me.

"Alright, well my name is Jenna, I'll be over by the dresses if you need me."

I continued shuffling through the seemingly endless racks of clothing, finding a few cute things that weren't too expensive. So far, I had found 4 shirts, 2 pairs of jeans, and socks. That was enough to last me right? If I get any more I'll feel bad. 

Wandering towards the other side of the store, I searched for Matty. He was looking through a rack of shirts, seemingly uninterested in all of them. He looked up and smiled at me, letting the shirt in his hand go. 

"That's all you found?" He asked, looking at the small bundle of clothing in my hand. 

"I didn't want to get too much." I said sheepishly. 

Rolling his eyes in a playful way, he dragged me back to the other side of the store, looking through shirts for me.

"What about this?"

He held up a t-shirt that had been cut to a very low v-neck with the collar still attached. I shook my head. He put it back and sifted through the different shirts there were to choose from.

"I like this one."

He held up a black button up shirt with floral patterns swirling around it.

I nodded.

"Me too."

Once we had finished shopping, Matty went to shower and I sat on the couch, finally responding to George's frantic messages. 

Hey, sorry, I could barely even walk last night. Matty let me stay at his flat for the night, so I'm alright. I didn't get kidnapped.

Backing out of the conversation, I saw a contact I didn't recognize.

Vee? Who's Vee?

Sending a text to the number, I tried to recall the events of last night. 

Who is this?