thirty (last)

jimin turn around when he heard the door opened. soyeon who just come out of the vip room gets into his view. "is everything okay?"

"yeah, all good." soyeon smiles. jimin look at her closely. "really?"

"yes, of course!" soyeon chuckled. its so obvious that he's worried. she took his hand. "we had some girls talk inside and she said wanted to rest now,"

"she talked nicely to you, right?"

"yes very nice, no kidding. so don't worry." she convinced him. "i need to go to the bathroom now, can you hold my bag for awhile?"

"let me company you,"

"there's no need for that, just wait for me here." soyeon said and headed to the bathroom. this is her first time being pregnant and she admits that : its really really not easy to be a mother. especially when there's no one older around her (like mom or older sisters) to tell her what dos and donts. fortunately, she got a really understanding and caring husband like jimin to help her going through her pregnancy.

when she finished her business, soyeon went to the sink to wash her hand.

its actually lucky enough that his mom is able to accept our child as a part of the family. at least if something really happens between us, or to me, he won't end up like his mother. they'll take care of him.

but i promise, my love. i won't let that happen. i will be strong to take care of you, seeing you grow, love you and be with you so no one can hurt you. you'll have a good life, nothing like mine. i promise that.

she gently rubs her tummy. feeling the baby inside as he understands what she said. "that's my baby," she take a look inside the mirror and fix her hair, but froze as she saw someone else in that reflection behind her. she know that person too well. soyeon quickly turn around. "you─ what are you doing here??"

its her stepmom, looking at her. soyeon couldn't read that older woman's expressions. why is she crying? why on earth would she be here?

"oh god, soyeon-ie," she pulled soyeon into a tight hug and cry even harder. "its really you oh my god─ you're really here," she cried like they're in an emotional, touching reunion between mother and daughter.

soyeon who couldn't understand the situation quickly released the hug. "let me go! what's wrong with you??" soyeon asked, in a quite terrible shock. not even once in her lifetime that she would hug her like that. her stepmom won't ever called her name like that or be happy when she sees her. never.

mrs han pull herself together and wipe her tears. "i'm sorry," she look at soyeon. "i couldn't be more happier. i've been looking for you like a mad woman when i know you're not in seoul anymore,"

"you came to my workplace like a creep and then you're looking for me? after you kicked me?? i just really don't understand,"

"actually i've been searching for you for a long time and i didn't have the courage to meet you when i finally found you. i'm really embarrassed after what i've done," she explained.

"...you searched for me? for what?"

"after doyeon frauded you and kicked you out of the house, with my help.. she have gone crazy! i don't have any choice, i have to kick her from the house when i found out she tried to poison me and your dad," mrs han look at the floor. "but she didn't stop there, soyeon. she jacked the car and your dad got into an accident. and he's been sick for months now. he really wanted to see you so i went around and found you in that cafe."

"dad's here..?"

mrs han nodded. "i'm so sorry for everything, sweetheart. i─"

"and where's doyeon now?" soyeon cuts her off. she want to hear the apology but doyeon's whereabouts is more important now. if she can do that to their own father, its not impossible that she'll do worse to her.