nineteen

+ few days later +

+ few days later +

"nadine, am i doing the right thing?" soyeon asked, while cleaning the cup at the counter. nadine look at her. "what do you mean?"

"i thought maybe i was selfish to drag jimin in this life. you know, he doesn't have to choose me over his own family. i don't want him to suffer like how i did before,"

"then you're gonna let him go and watch him get married with someone else?"

soyeon sighed. "i think that's better, because she loves him. but—"

"sweetie, you're doing the right thing. you guys love each other and that's the only thing that matters. being together during up and down, supporting each other, being each other's strengths ; that's what love is. now what's the point of he marrying someone who love him, and getting his life back if he's not happy?" nadine hold her shoulders, firmly.

"you're right. sometimes i can be over thinking." soyeon slaps her cheek for a few times. getting her senses back.

"it's not an easy thing to do. i know how it feels." nadine pat her back and then she went back to her office. she knew that too well. how it felt like. leaving family to an unfamiliar place to find a better life for her siblings ; it was so hard but luckily she got dylan with her. nadine smiled, thinking about the bittersweet memory.

"you're both nice people, soyeon. god will help you."

while in the cafe, soyeon is arranging the pastry at the counter. a little bit tired from their process of moving to a new house. packing their clothes, and some important things. their new house is a small apartment, which is two blocks away from this cafe.

jimin said that even if he leaves the family and he didn't own the shares anymore, they can't disturb his bank accounts. he worked hard in their company before, they can't just take it back so easily like that. they're not going to live in the streets like his mom said, but it's just life is not going to be the same like before. they're not in the comfortable zone anymore.

"i'm used to a poor life so that's okay," soyeon mumbled. but suddenly, minhyuk come to the counter to start his duty. "what is okay?"

"nothing. i was talking to myself." she said. "are you i'm charge for the counter today?"

"yeah, nadine told me to watch over you." minhyuk said.

"what? i'm not a kid for you to watch over me?" soyeon rolled her eyes. the thought is ridiculous. "for your information, i used to work in a bakery too. so you don't have to worry about me."

"that's what i told her, but you know. boss's orders."

she shrugged and continue her works. she thought it was weird that this guy keep appearing in front of her everyday, but since they're working in the same place and he's the one who taught her things here, soyeon just brush it off her head.

well she did think that he wanted to flirt but that's just funny so she don't really want to get that thoughts in her head. things are going to be really awkward.

" by the way, soyeon.. are you free after work?"

"yeah why?" she answered without looking at him.

"let's hangout together. i will buy foods." he excitedly said. "you know, around my place there are a lot of delicious street foods."

"whoa relax there, we're not that close to hangout together like that, you know?"

"then we should hangout together ; to be friends?"

soyeon look at him and chuckled. "you're so cute, but maybe next time perhaps?" minhyuk quickly pouts. "why? are your boyfriend gonna be mad?"

"he's not that kind of person, okay? besides i don't even know you that well." she said. "and if you think he's gonna be mad, then you shouldn't ask me out in the first place. or you're going to be in a lot of troubles." she nudge his shoulder and walk away from there.

"yeah, you're right." minhyuk sighed. "why did i even try?"

-

jimin walked into the house and wander around the living room. weird. this place is where i grew up in but it feels really foreign to me.

"well look who visited after months of not coming, it's my son." a voice from upstairs startled him. he turn around and found his mom is walking down the stairs towards him.

"i thought you'd be coming home after a month, when you finally decided to marry the girl of my choice. but you came faster than i thought?" mrs park crossed her legs soon as she sat down on the couch.

"i'm sorry but i come here to give you this." he put a file on the desk in front of them.

"what is that?"

"that's my house certificate, and my resignation letter. i gave you the company cars back, too. the keys are in there. i don't want to wait for a month to decide." mrs park's expression completely changed from before. "jimin!"

"mom, this time, and for the first time in my life i want to make own decision in front of you. you threatened me the same thing when you asked me to get married with mari. back then, i can't imagine living without my cars, my job, my house so i agree. but this time, only this time. when you said the same threat, i can't imagine how i'm going to live without her." jimin look at his mom, it hurts him too to said such things to his mom but he know that he's doing the right thing.

"is she really that special to you?" mrs park almost teared up while looking at his son. "that you're going to leave me like this?"

"yes." he answered without any hesitation. "i believe what i'm doing is right. we're not together for money. money is important, i know. but it's not everything. i'm sorry it had to end this way but i hope you understands."

jimin gets up and slowly leaves the house. he hates to see that tears flowing out of his mom's eyes but he believes that what right is right.

i've been disappointing you a lot right? i promise, this is the last time i did so. i'm sorry, mom.

he gets into the car, where dylan is waiting for him. "well we're officially jobless now." he said to dylan. dylan turn the wheel and laughed.

"aye speak for yourself. i've got one. i'm a personal bodyguard for another rich guy now." dylan bragged.

"lucky ass,"

+ is this the first book of mine you've read or you've read the others? +