His voice sends a chill down my spine and his fingers slightly caress my boobs when he pulls my chair back. He mumbles an apology and I level a hard stare at him, trying to keep my growing anger in check.

I am going nowhere; my place is here.

He takes a seat on my table, pulling the chair to him so he can tower over me with his hands resting on the armrest. I raise my head and our gazes clashes, his mouth part open but it seems as though he has forgotten what he has to say, same with me.

There's barely any space left between us and if he so much as dips his head, our lips will lock in a passionate kiss. His breath fans my face, the thrumming of the AC fades into the background and all I can see is the brown of his eyes, the specks of gold that threatens to overshadow the brown.

"Pauline ..." he trails off and those familiar chills run up my spine. He swipes his tongue over his lower lip without breaking eye contact, my breath quickens and I do the first thing that comes to mind.

I kiss him. I grab him by the collar and crash my mouth on his, moaning against his lips when he responds with equal fervour.

"So this is why you won't pick my calls?" a voice barks at us and I jerk away from King, putting enough distance between us.

My chest rises and falls as I try to steady my breathing and I swipe the back of my hand over my lips to wipe off any evidence of our kiss. I smoothen my jacket, thankful for King who has the good sense to block my view of the guest while I try to compose myself. I shouldn't have let that happen.

What was I thinking? To be honest, I wasn't.

"So this is it?" the voice says again.

Turning in the direction of the new voice, the anger I felt earlier return at the smirk I catch on King's lips. I don't blame him.

"Who asked you to come in?" I say to Edwin.

His chest puffs out as if he is surprised by my question. "Pauline, who asked me to come in?" He scoffs in irritation. "If you were actually working instead of getting smooched, you would have heard me come in after knocking for God knows how long!"

"It's not what you think," I protest and rise to my feet, shrinking at his angry stare.

Edwin eyes me with so much disdain like I am a dirty beggar touching his car that has just left a car wash and my mouth clamps shut. His gaze trails to King who has watched the scene unfold before him with a smirk I itch to wipe off his face.

"And who are you?" he questions.

"King Daniels, a pleasure to meet you, Mr ..."

"There is nothing pleasurable about this meeting," he murmurs in a cold voice and turns to me. "You! This is the reason you are always tired, isn't it?" Without waiting for my response, he continues, "When he's done servicing you, you come to me and complain about being tired when you spend all day at the office exchanging spit with the man you claim to despise. Who does that?"

"That's enough, Edwin," I start, "this has never happened before." I have no idea why I am explaining myself to him but I go on to say, "You walked in at the wrong time."

"Of course I did," he says and a corner of his lip twitches. "You are a fucking slut and you can keep kissing him for all I care."

I have always known Edwin to have a short temper but never has it been directed at me. His words light a fire in the pit of my belly, my hands tremble at my side. He is the only man I have been with and he knows that but what does it matter now? I am a slut and I will show him how we act.