Chapter 9.

As the weeks went by, the summer weather started to finally set in, but in this tropical city it doesn't really make much of a difference. We finally unboxed everything in the house and our house finally became a home.

"So great news!" Yasmin sits down on my lap. I raise an eyebrow and smile. "My piano is being shipped today. It's about to get here." She kisses my lips.

"That's good.. when's your dad coming over?" I ask. She looks over at the big clock on our wall and shrugs. "He said before noon." She stands.

Lately, David hasn't been the same. Obviously, he's slowly dying, but all of us agreed to ignore it. It was his idea. Fortunately, we talked about it, and we're throwing Yasmin a surprise birthday party this weekend.

Most of her family is going to be there. Even the guys are flying in to make it. She's completely clueless. I'm excited because I've been taking dance lessons just so I could dance with her.

She thinks we're going to a wedding of a friend of mine. "Hey, i need to ask you something.." Yasmin whispers. I take my attention off the window and look at her.

"Shoot for it." I smile. She takes a deep breath and looks at me. "Do you think we should get married..? You know, before my dad passes.." I see tears form in her eyes and I look at her.

"Don't you think I already thought of that..?" I chuckle. "Don't worry baby girl.. good will come to those who are patient." I let my arms out to hug her.

She nods and hugs me. "That's all I needed to know.. to know that this is going somewhere." She trails off. I already have everything planned. Of course, I'm not saying.

The sound of a car gets closer to the house and the front door opens. "Yasmin?" David calls out. His voice is starting to sound worn out. "Daddy!!" She runs over to him and hugs him.

"Hey sir." I shake his hand. He pulls my arm towards him and pulls me into a hug.

"Hey son." He pats my back. It's the first time he's called me that. I'm not very used to it. "When's Meredith and Eileen getting here?" Yasmin asks David.

"They're on their way. Meredith just stopped to get some food for the dog." He pauses.

"And a cake for you." He adds. I smile and look at Yasmin, who also grows a smile.

"You're getting so old, baby.." He sighs.

"But it's good to know that a man like Tony is taking care of you when I'm not here." He smiles at me. Yasmin grabs my hand and holds onto it. "Well, let me get the grill turned on." David stands from the couch.

Yasmin and I follow him to the back and we all sit down in the back. "So, you kids having any kids soon?" David asks. Yasmin chuckles and tries to hold back a laugh.

"Is anyone home?" I hear Meredith yell from the living room. "Out here Mer!" Yasmin calls. "Hi!!" She greets Yas and I.

Eileen greets me as well and she hugs me. It's a first. I finally feel like I belong with them. After David begins to grill, I finally bring out the television outside in the back with us to watch a football game that's suppose to be on tonight.

I'm unaware of the teams, but David seems to be very into it. The night begins to fall and they all go home at the end of the game. Yasmin is beyond passed out on the hammock and I begin to clean up the porch while she sleeps.

By the time I'm finished, it's almost four in the morning. "Alright princess, let's get you up to bed.. it's very late and I'm tired." I grunt as I pick her up. She wraps her arm around my neck and lays her head on my chest.

Once I lay her in bed, I go to the bathroom and take a shower. Mainly because I smell like smoke and I haven't showered since the night before and I feel dirty.

By the time I get out, the sun is already coming up by a little and I know Yasmin is about to wake up. Which means I probably won't be getting any sleep tonight.

Frankly, I'm quite used to it.