C H A P T E R 1 1

Start from the beginning

Dejectedly, he switched off the lights and moved towards his room only stopped back at the hallway seeing his wife stood silently in front of wall. He moved near her with slow steps and found her gazing towards the frames on wall. The disgust filled his senses in next second seeing his wife beaming face, the pictures were enough to define their life, at once I was the reason behind your smile and today I'm the same man who damages you beyond repair Ansh mind spoke to himself seeing Avni stood with teary eyes.

“Chalein?”  the warmth of her husband hand made her came out from her thoughts. Soon she found him wrapping shawl around her. She was unable to understand the meaning behind the sudden blast of emotions between her, as soon as her eyes met with her man, the bottled emotions hovered over her again and the tears again started to crawl from her eyes.

“Hey, it's ok. We are not supposed to cry over everything, right?” Avni felt her husband hand patting her back, the warmth which always sooth her, the warmth for each she carved long.  “Tears were same even that time too Ansh, then why you chose to ignore me that time, why?” Ansh who was supposed to settle his wife comfortably over bed froze hearing her words. Lifting his gaze he found his wife sat with numb expressions, gazing at him.

“Why are you with me Ansh? It's a complete waste of time. You….should leave me” he felt himself  tongue tied after hearing her question. Few seconds before his heart squealed hearing his wife voice but but at net moment it sank realising the depth of her questions.

“I'm a dead soul Ansh and I know that. Why you wanted to stuck with me? Why you wanted to waste your life for me Ansh? Why you don't let me die……...why? We were distanced enough to let each other go then why you wanted to change things…….” the accusations were not wrong from her.

“Because you are my wife, my love. The one who made me realise the feelings which I just read in books.” Avni felt her husband hands over her earlobe who was flicking her hair strand behind her ear. A wave of strange sensation erupted in pit of her stomach after so long. She reached at the point where his presence remained no longer affected to her but today was something different, the touch on the softest part of her body was able to make her weaker. She drew sharp breath to remind herself about the circumstances and decided to pay heed on his words.

“You must wonder where life landed us. You must cursed  me,haina?”

“No…….no. Why you ask…..asked”

“Because I know you Avni. Even I wonder where life landed us. Until I never believed over tragic changes in life, as these things only happened in Bollywood movies but I never thought even stories do come from us. I know I'm sounding diplomatic or better said scripted but my words are true. I know broken can't be fixed but it could be repaired. I want you to give us a chance Avni, a fair chance. For us, for me, for…...for our marriage. These six-seven months taught me so many things Avni, they made me realise the value of relationships, place of wife in marriage. I thought marriage is sufficient to bind two people's togther but seeing you on hospital bed that day I realised what precious I lost. I know you don't need me Avni, I know you are enough capable to lead your life by own but I need you Avni, I do need you. Avi……”

“I'm broken Ansh. I'm good for nothing….not….not enough to be your wi..fe why y…..ou….”

“Shh…….why you think so Avi? It's not you it's me who is not enough capable to be your husband. It's me who spoiled everything Avni. Will you give us a chance Avni?”