Chapter Eight

'You can never lose your family.'

                                              -The Godfather, Marlon Brando, Al Pacino

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, when I said that I hoped they did not kill me, well I was so wrong. For the past two months, I have been either training or studying about the Mafia. I have not had a chance to go out and explore the beauty of Italy. But, today I had decided that I will go out for tonight because for God's sake I will die like this.

I walk into my walk-in closet; I run my hand through the dresses, looking for any that grabbed my attention.

"Knock!"

"Knock!"

I turn around, my eyes landing on the bedroom door; I walk quickly over and open it to see Ava Bishop. My cousin from my mother's side. My mom's sister, Isabella, had an only child, Ava. Sadly, Isabella and her husband had got into a car accident leaving Ava behind. Later, I heard from mom that great-grandmother Margherita had taken Ava in as her own. She had come from Germany a week ago, which is where she studied. Now she is here with me and thank God to that because I was the only girl here.

"Let's go ragazza (girl)." Ava said walking into my room. I smile and close the door behind me.

"Where are we actually going?" I ask taking a seat in front of my vanity.

"Well I was thinking we should all go discoteca (clubbing)." She said taking a seat on my bed.

"Do you think I can go in?" I ask looking at her from the mirror. Wondering if 17-year-olds are allowed in.

She nodded. "Naturalmente (of course)."

I got started on makeup, while Ava did my hair. I go in my closet and look at the dresses. Unfortunately, failing to find the perfect one, Ava comes and grabbes a red dress. It reached mid-thigh, long sleeves and a deep V-neck.

"Wear this with that." She said handing me a pair of nude heels and left the closet, closing the doors behind her.

I take the dress off the hanger and pull it over my head. After I fixed myself, I look in the mirror and smile, this might be the first time I have dressed up and love what I was wearing, I push my curled hair back as I bend over to pull on my heels.

"Well I'll be damned." Ava whistled when I walked out the closet. I laugh, as I make my way to the vanity. There Ava sat doing her makeup. I decide to do her hair, I brush through her brownish hair and leave them be since she did not want anything done to them.

Sneaking a peek at her in the mirror; no doubt she was pretty, and she surly knew of that too with how confident she is with herself.

I look away when I realized I was staring and pick up my phone. A lot had changed, well pretty much everything changed. I am no longer in contact with anyone from the USA. The phone I had brought with me was smashed into pieces, for security purposes. But I got another one, can't really complain about it much, it has all the necessary contacts I need to get in contact with the right people.

"Duchess we got to get going if we want the boys to take us too." Ava yelled out before running out the room, leaving me behind.

I follow her downstairs to see all the boys, waiting and talking. I step down the last step and everyone's eyes turn towards me.

"Well I'll be damned," Hunter said giving a whistle, which made him earn a slap on the back of his head by Tobias.

I laugh at his actions and walk towards Owen. "So where are we going for tonight?" I ask him, not knowing if the club really is the plan. I watched as a huge smile started to appear on his face.