Chapter Three

Everyone suffers at least one betrayal in their lifetime. It's what unites us. The trick is not to let it destroy your trust in others when that happens. Don't let them take that from you.

-Sherrilyn Kenyon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blake and I say good morning and quietly make our way towards the kitchen, stuffed down the warm breakfast that waited on the dinning table. No one was home because dad and Tobias had to report to work at 5am; and mom had to do last minute shopping, so she had left a little while ago. After finishing up, we lock front door and head out to school. I turn into the school parking lot to only see three other cars in the senior's parking lot.

"Damn, I guess nobody wanted to be here." Blake said, slamming the car door shut.

I nod as we walked into the school; it was somewhat empty. The only kids that were here because of their exams or some that wanted to see their friends.

I give a small smile at the students that waved or who said hello to me. Sadly, people only knew me because Tobias went here; he was the popular quarterback football player. It was somewhat funny though; many people thought I would be a cheerleader when I came to high school, but that sport never sparked my interest. The only sport interested me was football itself, but our school never liked girls being in boys' sports. They only had girly ones for us, like cheerleading or gymnastics.

Bored, I start to walk around the school, but slowly found my way to the lounge. It was the only place in the school where I liked being. There was a huge U white sofa and in the middle was a glass table with books on it. The ones that no one has ever touched and no one will because of the indecent amount of dust on the books.

I flop on the sofa, tip my head back, and look at the beautiful view out the wall window. I look at my right hand as the rings shined against the sunlight. Frowning at the thought about giving my life up just to be in the mafia. Does that mean I would have to run away from the law all my life? How am I going to control everything?

I did not like the idea of being in the mafia, but I did not have a choice, saying no to the mafia is challenging and especially if they were your family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I gave all my teachers hugs and then say our final goodbye. I grab onto my gifts that some people had given me and make my way to my car.

I look around for Blake; I thought he was going home with me. I put the gifts in the trunk and take out my cell phone. I see Violets text messages and tap on it; it said that she wanted to meet before we left with our different ways. I text her back to see her tomorrow. I tap on Blake's contact number and send him a text.

'Where are you?' I text him and press send.

I throw my phone on the passenger seat and head towards home, wondering where Blake went.

I keep looking at my phone in hope that Blake might have text back, but he had not. I park my car in front of the house and then went around grabbing the gifts from the trunk.

"Need help?" I look up to see Tobias.

"No, I am fine." I say slamming the trunk down.

"You okay?" He asked as he followed me inside and up the stairs into my room.

"What?" I asked him, as he stood leaning against the doorway.

"Why are you in a bad mood?" He asked looking at me.