Chapter One

Stay In Charge Of You, 

Don't Let The Outside

World Control You.

-Bob Procter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I never would have thought the world would come to this. Where chaos was chosen over love and money was loved more than family. But if I had a choice I would change that; however, what can a normal girl do to change this world?

"Duchess!" I hear my mom call out my name from downstairs. I close my diary, sighing, I look out the window. From afar, I could see the police cars starting to patrol around the neighborhood.

I slowly walk down the stairs and turn towards the kitchen.

"Yes, mom," I say as I come to a stop in to the kitchen.

"Can you help me set the table, please? Your father and your brother will be here soon." She asked as she sprinkled some Thyme over her famous beef stew.

I quickly set the table making sure to put wine glasses for the grownups. I took my seat at the table and quietly waited for my father and Tobias, my brother.

"They should be here soon." Mom said as she sat across from me. "The security is really strict nowadays with all the trouble. They must be held back."

I smile at her and nodded. She looked very young for a woman who was in her late 40's with her black hair and cat-like green eyes. She looked like a queen sitting there with her long white dress on, showing off her petite figure.

I huffed and looked at the clock. It has been two hours! Mom had put the food back into the oven to keep hot until dad and Tobias got here. Where are they?

"Ding Dong."

I jump up from my seat and run to the door. I look through the peephole, to see my father and my brother. They looked so much alike with their striking blue eyes and same structured faces. Yet different, Tobias had jet-black hair and dad had grey hair with a hint of black. Both wore suits to show they had just came from work.

"Good evening," I say smiling at them as I open the door wide open to let them in.

"Good evening sweetheart," my dad leaned down and gave my forehead a kiss.

"Hey kid," I roll my eyes as I try hide a smile. Trying to make an escape towards the kitchen, Tobias manages to get me in his grip and ends up ruining up my hair.

Running into the kitchen while goofing around. We see mom putting the food on the table; we quickly grab our seats and begin eating.

I quietly eat as I look at my brother and my father; they seem a little tense; uncomfortable, but maybe it had to do with them working too hard.

"So, I hear that you got a full scholarship from the University of NYU," my father said as he turned his attention towards me.

I nod and speak up, "Yes, father I got the letter in the mail today."

"We are very proud of you Duchess." Mom spoke up, giving me a sweet smile.

"You are one smart kid, kid," Tobias smiled looking at me with admiration. "You have graduated this year at the age of 17 and you got a full scholarship."

"She is after all a Salvatore; we are the smartest out there." Dad said with pride growing inside of him.

We laughed and talked as we ate dinner. The world outside might be a disaster, but inside the house it was a blessing without any tragedy lurking. Or so we thought. 

****************************************************************************

What do you guys think about the first chapter?

Don't forget to comment about what you think and Vote!!!

Thank you!!!!