sundowning [2]

-------------------------

beacon hills high school; library 

Liam, Mason, Corey and Veronica sat at a table discussing the best way to keep Gwen safe. Veronica glanced up to the second floor of the library, keeping a close eye on the girl as she asked everyone if they knew anything about Pheobe.

"Until we find a safe space for Gwen, we need to know her location at all times." Liam said.

"Okay, that's great but what about after school. She could go anywhere." Mason countered.

"Except I already know where she'll be." Veronica said. "Nathan's party. She'll be there asking everyone about Pheobe."

"We can't keep her safe there." Liam objected. "We need a place where supernaturals can't get in."

"I know a place." Mason said with a small smile. "The safest place."

-----------------------------

mccall household

"Yeah, just set that down over there please." Veronica told Mason and Corey who were helping her decorate for the party. Instead of going to Nathan's party, they decided to throw a party of their own at Scott's house. That way everyone, including Gwen, would come over and they could use a house lined with Mountain Ash to protect her. 

Veronica quickly got to work and had finished setting up everything with the boy's help. 

"You really like this party planning stuff, don't you?" Liam asked her.

She smiled. "I do. I've learned a lot of party planning tips over the years from Lydia. And if it wasn't for Ghost Riders coming after people who we know to erase their souls, I might actually be excited about this." Liam smiled sadly, wishing that they could be excited about something like a party without having to worry about a supernatural threat. "But hey," she continued, "maybe they won't show up and we could end up having some fun." 

"I hope so." Liam answered, leaning in to kiss her but their almost kiss was interrupted when a large group of teenagers walked in through the door. 

Veronica pulled away and looked at the now crowded room. She looked over the crowd to the DJ and nodded his way. The lights went out but soon after flashing lights illuminated the room as loud music filled the air. The crowd of teenagers cheered and began to dance along to the music. 

Veronica turned to Liam with a smile on her face. "And the party has begun!" she said with her arms raised as she swayed her hips to the rhythm of the music. Liam smiled at her and watched as she made her way over to the drinks section, meeting up with Mason and Corey. 

They greeted her with a smile. "That's a lot of teenagers." Mason said.

"A lot more that I was expecting, honestly." Veronica admitted.