superposition [2]

After her argument with Liam, Veronica found Scott at the lacrosse field where they had talked for a while

After her argument with Liam, Veronica found Scott at the lacrosse field where they had talked for a while. It was dark out now. Lacrosse practice was over and Scott had left to go see Deaton. Scott had explained to her earlier about the missing pieces in his memory and Veronica had told him she felt as if there were missing pieces in her memory too. He was going to see Deaton and ask for his help.

Veronica sat in her English class working on an essay. She didn't want to work in the library, she rather be alone as she worked. She wasn't sure where Liam was. Or where Mason and Corey were either. When she was done she walked out of the room but stopped when she saw Liam sitting against the lockers across from the classroom.

"What are you doing?" she asked, confused.

"I uh, I was waiting for you." Liam said as he stood up, stumbling over his words.

"Sitting on the floor?" Veronica asked, wondering why the boy hadn't just walked into the room.

"I didn't want to interrupt you. I saw that you were writing and I know you don't like to be interrupted when you're writing." he said, shoving his hands in his pockets. It's something Liam does when he's nervous. This brought a smile to Veronica's face, but she tried to suppress it as she reminded herself she was still mad at him. She hugged her book to her chest and look down at her shoes. Liam took a step towards her, his shoes now coming into her view. She looked up at him and he smiled at her softly as he took her hand. "You're right. This isn't fair to Mason. Or Corey. I'll talk to him. And apologize. I was acting like an idiot."

"Yeah, you kinda were." Veronica agreed with a smile.

Liam laughed softly. "And I want to apologize to you too."

"You don't ha-"

"Yes, I do." Liam said. "I was acting like a jerk earlier, I'm so sorry." he continued, and softly placed a hand on her cheek.

"That's okay." Veronica said, pulling Liam close. "I forgive you." she said and gently pressed her lips against Liam's.

The boy's heart began to beat faster, the way it always does when he's close to her. Veronica made him strong, but she was also his weakness.

They walked down the hall hand in hand on their way out of the school. When they exited the building they found Corey standing there. He had been waiting for Liam.

Veronica glanced at the two boys. "Umm, I'm gonna-I'm just gonna go for a walk." she said, not knowing what excuse to come up with to leave the two alone to work out their differences. She kissed Liam on the cheek and then gave Corey's shoulder a squeeze as she walked by him. "Behave boys!" she called back as she walked away causing the boys to smile slightly.

Veronica walked around campus wondering why so many students were still here so late into the night. For some reason she gravitated towards the lacrosse field, which was mostly empty except for some of the lacrosse players who were out practicing. She focused on the boy that was wearing the jersey with the number '24' on it. There was something about it that immediately captured her attention, but she couldn't figure out why. For some reason she couldn't explain, she felt like that number was of importance to her. But why? She tried to remember any connection she may have had to it but came up with nothing, and she felt an incredible emptiness she couldn't explain.