"Surrender!" He yells as he pulls my noddle away from me, holding them in his hands as he starts to swing them around lightly.

"Ugh. I hate you." I say as I walk towards him.

"Do you surrender?" He asks as he lifts his weapon up, they instantly fall back down but I got the gesture.

I sigh deeply, almost sadly before looking up at him hurt.

"Hell no!" I suddenly yell and pull away the two noddles from his hand.

He looked taken aback and I used that to my advantage by hitting his in the face and on his chest.

"You liar!" He yells as he runs to the closet, trying to get another noddle as I follow behind him, hitting his back repeatedly. At some point, the door shut and mom and dad left to eat.

"Stop that!" He snaps annoyed as he rummages through the storage room quickly, trying to find a weapon.

"Then surrender!" I yell in the same dramatic tone he used.

He groans as he suddenly pulls out a steel rod, I recognize it as one that he hung in his room a long time ago to work out.

"What?! That's not fair!" I argue, stepping back slightly.

"Run!" He warns before he starts to chase after me.

"You're going to kill me!" I yell as I run around the couch.

"That's the goals!" He yells as he raises his rod in the air.

"You're fucking crazy!" I yell as I run towards the kitchen.

I was so wrapped up in the game that I hadn't even noticed the door had opened.

"What are you guys doing?" A pissed voice says from the door.

At the sound of the voice, Adam and I awkwardly come to a stop as our smiles drop.

It was Marcus.

"What are you doing here?" Adam asks annoyed.

"Can't I see my girlfriend?" Marcus snaps back.

"Can't you knock?" Adam remarks. "This isn't your damn house, so stop walking around like you own it." He adds as he slams the rod on the counter, making Marcus flinch, before storming upstairs.

To some degree, I could see where Adam was coming from. But Marcus just wanted to see me.

He came to see me after I insulted him.

He was being the bigger person here, making me feel belittled, specially after my talk with Sophia yesterday.

He loved me enough to try and figure things out.

"Well that was rather dramatic." Marcus scuffed, my lips forming into a thin line at his attitude towards my brother who I was having a great deal of fun with.

"Good morning." He says to me after another moment of silence.

"Morning." I mumble as I walk over to the counter and lift up the stool that was still on the ground.

"How's everything?" He asks as he takes a seat at the couch.

"Good." I say as I sit down on the stool and press the home button to my phone.

A text from Sophia was seen, it was sent ten minutes ago and read. "Did you talk to Marcus yet?"

Another one followed, "Just apologize and it'll be fine."

I was suddenly reminded of what I had to do. I really didn't want this though. Apologizing to Marcus would be like telling him that I did something wrong when in reality at I did was say something my accident.

I don't even know a person that was named River. What kind of name was River anyways?

I knew that I was only trying to convince myself that it wasn't my fault but thinking it over, it really way.

Marcus and I were perfectly fine yesterday, it wasn't until I said the wrong name that he got mad.

If I didn't say it then nothing would have happened.

I caused this problem and now I have to face the consequences and fix this.

"Um... I'm sorry." I lame say, slapping myself internally as it came out more of a question then a statement.

"I'm sorry." I say again, trying to sound more convincing and hoping that I did.

"About?" Marcus says as he crosses his eyes, and I knew what he wants me to say.

"About yesterday. I didn't mean to say something else. It was you that was on my mind the whole time."

Lies.

That's all that came out of my mouth.

Lies.

He wasn't even close to being on my mind, but he should have. And I blame myself that he wasn't.

Even though she could tell she was lying, Marcus couldn't as a satisfied look crossed his face and soon turned into a smug one.

Looks like his ego has returned and was now doubled.

"It's fine. I knew I was on your mind the whole time. I know you enjoyed it, maybe you were studying geography before and the word river simply slipped from your lips. I knew there was no way anyone could do it better then me." He says, nodding reassuringly to himself.

"Yeah." I say and surprised myself at how convincing I thought.

I was just playing along, waiting for something or someone to present the truth and relief me from forcing the false words out of my mouth.

Waiting for something or someone to just stop her mixed up life and help her out the pieces back together.