Chapter 13: Albus

I made my way into the Great Hall confused. I hadn't seen Scorp at all. He wasn't in the dorm or the common room, and the people I had asked claimed to not have seen him since yesterday night.

I disguised my worry with a nervous grin. I sat down next to Rose. She looked less put together than usual, her shirt untucked and her hair poofier than normal.

"Are you okay?" I quietly said. Members of the Hufflepuff house sitting at our table tossed us sympathetic looks.

"Of course, Al! I just woke up today and decided that my impending doom wouldn't be that bad." Sarcasm practically dripped from her voice.

I gave her a hurt look. "Hey, I was trying to help."

My cousin sighed. "I know. I'm kind of irritable. I've just had a really rough week. Sorry."

"It's okay. I get what you mean. My dad didn't exactly take it well, but he was loads better than you and Scorps parents will be."

Rose stuck out my tounge. "He won't eat me alive."

"That's not what you said last week, " I mumbled, hoping she wouldn't hear me.

"Hey!" Rose delivered a firm smack to the back of my head. "Anyway, where's Scorpious?"

"Haven't seen him," I said, digging in to my food. Rose did the same, a quiet and thoughtful look coming over her face.

First period was Potions. When I walked in, Scorp was already sitting at our table, bags puffing up under his eyes.

"Where were you?" I whispered as students filed into the classroom.

"I got up early and then took a walk around campus," he quietly answered. Then a hush came over the room as Professor Addams entered.

"We have a special guest with us today." She moved over, opening the center of the floor. "Welcom Ron Weasley!" The class gave a set of whoops and polite claps.

My uncle walked into the room, smiling warmly. He waved, and the cheering got a little louder. We calmed down after a minute, and the class jumped in to session.

The bells rang out, signalling the end of classes. We all filtered out in to the halls, pushing our way through.

"That wasn't so bad, was it?" I asked, turning to speak to Scorpious. He had dissapeared. I knew he wasn't in too much trouble. His small frame probably got lost in the crowd of people. I shrugged it off, but I was still worried. Who knows where he was at this point?

___________________________________________________________

Sorry! I don't update either of my stories nearly enough. But I'm going to try to get some work in. :)