Chapter 8: Rose

Over the next few weeks, Scorp, Al and I became even closer. We would all have study sessions in the library or near the lake. 

One day, about a week until Christmas, we were walking back to the library. The snow crunched underfoot. Suddenly, I heard more crunching joining ours. 

I looked up. A small group of students walked up to us. There was a student in a Hufflepuff scarf, and two Slytherins. 

"Hey, you," yelled the Hufflepuff. Albus pointed at himself, and the Hufflepuff nodded. "You're that shameful Potter," he sneered.

"I told you Thomas. That's the one. The Slytherin Potter. No good, I told you," said the taller Slytherin.

I stepped forward. "He's not shameful! I can't believe you would say something so vulgar about a member of your own house. And you! Aren't Hufflepuff's loyal?"

"I am loyal," said the Hufflepuff, grinning. "To myself."

Scorpious jumped in front of me. "Leave them alone!"

The Slytherin known as Thomas sneered. "You disgust me. Hanging out with a Weasley and that disgraceful Potter."  

Suddenly, a body leaped in front of our group. I heard someone shout "Stupefy!" and a scream of pain. The body stepped back. I saw the taller Slytherin splayed out on the ground. The other two students rushed to his aid.

The person in front of us was a girl. "I can't believe a member of my own house can be so putrid. You disgust me." The girl turned to us.

"Perry!" Scorpious yelped.

I raised a brow. "Who are you?" 

The girl turned. "I'm Peregine, you are?"

"Rose Weasley," I stuck out a hand. She took it. 

"I saw you guys being bullied, and I had to step on before any wands came out," she said.

I nodded. "Thank you."

The boy's were staring bewildered at our business-like conversation. We turned back to them. 

"We should all get inside. It's frightfully cold out here, and my mum once got a dreadful cold from staying outside too long," Peregine said, continuing her business-like manner.

"My dad told me about that. He said your mum had to stay in the infirmary through Christmas break, her cold was so bad." Scorpious said, a finger to his chin.

We all trod inside, leaving the bullies outside. 

We went to the library. I checked all of our books back in, and followed the trio to the back of the room.    

"You can call me Perry," the girl informed me.

I nodded, and Perry began to tell us about herself. 

We all talked until it was time for dinner.

I liked Perry. She was nice and smart, despite being a Slytherin. We could talk about all sorts of stuff. I talked about Quidditch with the boys, and about books with Scorp and Perry.

Our quartet was the best thing that had happened to me that year.   

A/N I'm a proud Hufflepuff, so I hate to bring shame to my own house, but it's too late to go back now! (It's not)