Chapter 5: Rose

"Slytherin!"

The hat's cry rang out in the silent Great Hall. 

Suddenly, a cheer rang from the Slytherin table. It was Scorpious.

"Come on, Al! Yeah!" He screamed, earning wary looks from his fellow Slytherin's. I screamed, too.

"Go Albus! Yay!" I cried. The two of us clapped, hard.

Suddenly, there was a cheer and a clap from Gryffindor. James was clapping! Soon, all of our relatives began cheering. James, Fred II, and Domonique from Gryffindor; Molly from Hufflepuff; and Victiore in Ravenclaw. Then Teddy, who is in Hufflepuff.

Then the entire Hall began cheering and stomping and clapping louder than they had before. All the prefects and the teachers had to calm them down.

Al walked over to Slytherin table, every one he passed clapped his back and shouted. Eventually, we were able to move on. Eventually, the Hat was placed on my head. 

'Ravenclaw, please' I mentally asked the Hat politely. 

Hmm, so you are the daughter of Hermionie Granger and Ron Weasley. You know, your mother wanted desperately to be in Ravenclaw, but I am proved right that Gryffindor was a good idea. Hmmm. But I still think we'll put you in RAVENCLAW! The hat screamed the last part.

I walked to the Ravenclaw table, to the applause of my fellow students. I was embraced by my cousins Lucy and Victiore, both Ravenclaw's. Lucy was in my year.

The rest of the students were called to their new houses. 

It was the start of a new, and strange, year.