Chapter-57 {Alternate Tophet}

Beginne am Anfang

Nandini gave him a sympathetic look. Jas walked to a tree to find himself a spot to sit. 

_____________________

"I am not going to tell anything until you ask nicely," Aryan cleared it for Manik. They both were sitting a bit away from bonfire trying to have a conversation. 

Manik looked away huffing totally loathing the moment. 

"So what's the plan, Mr Aryan? Is there even a plan or you people just rushed into this like this?" Manik asked in a sugary tone which did nothing but mock Aryan further. 

"For your kind information, I have my links in this area we are going. This is the same place where we can find Minister Barnes and a lot more which could actually blast your tiny brain," Aryan yelled not being able to take the insult. 

"Minister Barnes?" Manik asked not knowing a thing. Aryan read Manik's perplexed face for a second or two before his lips formed a simper. 

"Now who doesn't know a thing before he signed up for this?" Aryan mocked and Manik's jaw clenched. 

"Nandini didn't tell you, did she?" Aryan asked totally enjoying the moment. Finally he could mock the tyrant brother of his. 

"This is interesting," Aryan was in form. This was time to avenge Manik verbally for all the treatment he had thrown on Aryan. 

"She didn't tell you how kidnappers of Aabid came from this part of state, Did she?" Aryan added insult to injury while Manik didn't know how not to kill salty brother of his. He knew he himself was to be blamed if he didn't know anything. He had made it so apparent to Nandini how he was not the one she could speak her heart. He had pushed her away. 

"None of your business," Manik warned Aryan raising his finger and walked away as fast he could. He couldn't beat douche-bag brother of his because their sister won't be much helped seeing them again fighting like cat and dog. She was too sick for that. He found it apt to walk away and calm his mind so that he doesn't ruin it further. He didn't want to push Nandini farther by behaving berserk. Nor he wanted to trouble his sister when she was suffering from fever. 

Nandini and Aashi watched Manik walk by bonfire to other side of their camp site in utter fury. 

"Now what happened?" Aashi asked getting up. 

"Don't stress yourself. It's the usual him. Sleep," Nandini tried to calm down Aashi. She herself was dying to know what had made trying to be unbothered Manik this much angry. She curled her tow not knowing how to be at two places at same time. Anxiety was working tirelessly. 

______________________

Yellow of fire was giving away the camouflaged green night had created. Crackling sound of wood could confirm the doubts of local mafia who had been out to hunt down the invaders. 

Man holding the rifle gestured other two to wait while he proceeded towards the source of that light. Clearing the brush, he saw few contours sitting by the fire. He hinted the other two to join while he himself tried to peek in further. 

Nandini's head hit the air for nth time as her neck swung in severe laps of sleep. She was trying not sleep for more than one reason but her tired body was not helping.

Opening her eyes, she rubbed them trying to wake herself up. Her eyes roamed around to find Manik but he was nowhere to be seen. She cursed him again for disappearing when he knew she couldn't leave Aashi alone.  Aashi was sleeping with her head on Nandini's lap while Nandini sat leaning on tree. Jas was fast asleep while Aryan could be seen sitting in dark end. As her eyes roamed to find her father, a development hit that hard that Nandini almost skipped her breath.