Chapter 7: When Darkness Comes/ Epilogue

Start from the beginning

    "Please tell me, you won't feel better if you don't. I don't like seeing you like this." I said with pain in my voice. Seeing Isabelle in pain or upset was like my own personal type of torture. She look sadly at me,

    "I don't know if I can talk about it. But it was like the dream you had about Raphael killing me." She said. I rubbed her back not really knowing what to say.

    "Ok," she sighed "Valentine captured you and when I did find you, Valentine had you by the throat and Sebastian had a holy blade in his hand. It's like there was a forcefeild around them so I couldn't get to you. I yelled your name but they didn't seem to hear me. Then Sebastian stabbed you in the heart with the blade and I screamed your name, then you some me up. Thanks for that."

    "I'm here, don't worry that won't happen." I said and held her tightly in reassurance. She sniffed,

    "You promise?"

    "Yes my love, I promise." I vowed.

   "Good." she said and kissed me gently, it was one of the first times she had ever done that. I gratefully kissed her back deeply with gentle passion. We drew away, and it seemed like it was too soon but when I looked at the clock I was supprised to see that we had been kissing for about twenty minutes.

    "We should get out of bed, it's eleven forty." I said and ran my thumb over her cheek. She nodded. We got dressed and were about to go downstairs when Izzy gave me one more worried glance.

    "Everything is going to be ok." I said one more time with confidence. She nodded again and we went to go eat breakfast.

Epilogue

    The past few days had been tiring. Robert had been drilling everyone for as much information as possible. I had been sitting on the couch when I heard a conversation between Maryse and Robert. It was dark and they were oblivious that I was there.

    "Why did you do it Robert?" Maryse

asked sadly. Robert hesitated, I knew I wasn't supposed to be hearing this but I was curious to see where this was going. I sunk lower onto the couch.

    "May, I didn't know what I was doing, I was in such a daze from losing Max, I didn't think things through and I did things I regret now."

    "What did you feel when she was killed?" Maryse asked quietly.

    "Nothing."

    "Not even the slightest emotion?" She questioned.

    "Not even the slightest emotion." Robert said. "You don't know how much I regret what I did May. I love you and I have only over loved you. I swear on the angel." Maryse made a soft sound of surprise when Robert said that. I knew if someone swore on the angel they had to mean it other wise bad things were to happen to that individual.

    "You really mean all of this, don't you?" Maryse said softly to herself. The response from Robert was a kiss. Maryse gasped quietly but didn't push him away. I tried to block out the sound of the kiss but it was hard. Because of the darkness and the two them being so involved with kissing, I slipped up the steps and into mine and Izzy's room. She looked up at me from her copy of the Shadowhunter Codex.

    "Are you ok? You are breathing heavy and your blushing." She said. I shut the door behind me quietly.

    "I think your parents made up." I said.

    "What do you mean?" She asked quizzically. I told her what I heard and witnessed quickly.

    "Well... That's um... I'm sorry you witnessed what you did." She apologized. "It's good that they made up in all but that... Blah!" She shuddered. I laughed and sat next to her on the bed.

    "Simon, I keep getting the weird feeling that Valentine and Sebastian are here and are watching our family's every move." She sighed.

    "Baby, I don't know what to tell you about those feelings." I murmured. "All I can say is not to worry, i'm sure everything will be ok." I said and squeezed her hand reassuringly. She looked at me with worry in her eyes. I brushed my finger tips tenderly on her cheek. "We will be ok." I said. She looked me and nodded hesitantly.

    "Lets go to sleep." She suggested and we fell asleep peacefully, or so we thought....

    Book 5 of this series is on hold for a short time, while a good friend of mine (KaylynJay) Draws the cover art. :) I am also going to start working on some Mortal Instruments short stories and I new series about Jem Carstairs and Tessa Gray called, Froever isn't long enough. So be sure to check in for updates on those!!!! :)