Chapter 5: Army of Two

February 14, 2:40 Am

Chapter 5

Army of Two

    "Father." Sebastian (Jonathan) dipped his head in greeting.

    "Jonathan." Valentine said coolly, acknowledging his sons greeting.

    "Has our little message worked?" Sebastian asked looking into his father's eyes, they were the same color, black.

    "Not as well as I hoped. The New York institute has been nervous though." Valentine said with a sly, twisted smile. Sebastian laughed and Valentine joined in.

    "That head vampire here hasn't been any help, what do you suppose we do?" Sebastian inquired.

    "We leave for Idris as soon as possible." Valentine said.

    "We don't kill them?!" Sebastian asked, shocked. Valentine looked sternly at his son.

    "As much as I want to Jonathan, no. There are at least one hundred fifty vampires here and two of us. What matters is getting the Mortal Instruments again and building our army."

    "Yes father." Sebastian said.

    "Good, we leave now." Valentine said then turned to the sound of foot steps behind him and Sebastian. Sebastian turned too. A vampire was walking towards them,

    "Ms. Brown needs you imme- ah!" The vampire started but Valentine and Sebastian were on him almost immediately. Sebastian jerked the vampires head back by his hair and held him tightly with his free hand. Valentine had a long sword out and had the tip resting on the vampires throat.

    "We no longer need Ms. Brown's service." Valentine said coolly then in one swift movement, slit the vampires throat. Blood splattered the near by wall and onto Sebastian as well as Valentine. With the blood, Valentine drew a large M on the wall with a star above it on the blood splattered wall.

    "Come my son, to Idris." Valentine said and the two of them disappeared out the widow and into the early morning air.

********

Same day, 1:20 pm

    Ever since I shared the message with the Institute things around the Institute had busy. Maryse and Magnus had been spending a lot of time trying to find out thing about souls being brought back from Hell. Not much information was there. Magnus was our most reliable source but he didn't know much about the grizzly topic.

    "Why haven't we told the Clave yet? Dads safety matters to me."  Alec said quietly to Maryse. Izzy and I sat on the couch flipping through a large book about Satan, this wasn't really the best way to be celebrating Valentines Day.

    "We'll tell the Clave once we're sure." She said quietly.

    "Well they should know, what if they get caught of guard and are all killed?" Clary pointed out. We all knew Maryse and Robert weren't on very good terms since Max died. Robert was never home because of his Inquisitor position, but he didn't come back from Idris when Max died in the first place.

    "You're right, Alec call your father. Tell him that we aren't sure but tell him what we know." Maryse paused from going through boxes of old dusty books Magnus found. This was obviously hard for her to be involved with her husband at the moment even though when were all visiting Idris they seemed fine being in the same house. Izzy and I figured it was because they didn't want to cause their family pain.

    "Ok." Alec said and walked out of the library to get his phone.

    "After we go through this book do you want me to make you lunch?" I asked, looking for really any excuse to get out of this boring shit.

    "Ok! I'm starving!" She said happily, according to her I was a really good cook. We didn't find much In the book but the information about being able to make deals in Hell matched what Magnus told us. Izzy and I walked down the hall to the kitchen hand in hand once we finished the book.

    "What do you want for lunch ?" I asked, Isabelle sat down on one of the kitchen counters stools and pondered my question thoughtfully for a moment.

    "A grilled ham and cheese sandwich." She answered.

    "Ok, coming right up." I said and kissed her forehead before moving to the fridge. I opened it and took out the ham and cheese. I shut the door and grabbed the loaf of bread from the counter and took the frying pan off its hook on the wall. I pulled out two pieces of bread and put a few pieces of ham on it then the cheese. I turned on the stove and put the frying on it so it would heat up. I placed the sandwich on the pan and got out the spatula.

    "Mmmm, that smells good." Izzy said, she was right it did. When the sandwich was done I put it on a plate and cut it.

    "Here you go." I said and handed her the plate. I cleaned up the kitchen in a few minutes and when I turned around Izzy had already finished the sandwich.

    "How hungry were you?" I exclaimed. She swallowed her last bite.

    "Very hungry. I didn't eat breakfast and I've been up since four thirty." She said.

    "Well, I've been up since then too. But I guess that just makes me tired." I said remembering how Maryse woke us up very early so we could do more research. I learned this morning that I'm not a nice person when I was woken up early. Izzy found it hilarious when I snapped at Maryse. I sat down next to Izzy.

    "I don't want to go back to looking for stuff ." Izzy whined. I rubbed her back,

    "I don't either, but we need too." I said and gave her little kisses all over her face. She giggled.

    "Let's go back to the library." I said, she nodded and we walked back to the library.

                                             *******

Same day 10:30 pm

    The rest of our attempts to find out some small bits of information were futile, we found nothing. There was the option of raising Magnus's father but that was more dangerous than raising the angle Raziel. So we retired our attempts for the night. Because it was Valentines day I was definitely going to do something special for Izzy and I knew just how to propose the idea to her. I remembered what her motto was "Nothing less then seven inches." She had said it to a old boyfriend, Meliron when we went to the faerie court. They were discussing high heels. I knew how to twist that into a very seductive sentience. But the hard part about this was that Izzy had too moods when it came to this there was  the "I love you so much, let's bang" mood and then there was the "Ha ha real cute, go to sleep" mood. I have gotten both of these reactions before so hopefully she was in her let's bang mood.

    She was just about to get into bed when I made my move. I walked up to her and caught her off guard when I pulled her close and whispered in her ear,

    "I've got your seven inches right here." And I moved her hand to the button of my jeans. This supprised her, I think that she thought she was the one who would have to lead when it came to sex. I smirked when she looked it to my eyes, hers were wide with desire and shock. Bingo I got her in her good mood. She caught me off guard when she pushed me roughly onto the bed.

    "Damn that was hot." she growled and kissed me very passionately. I laughed, and with that our clothes came off and we made love all night.