Chapter 4: Fear Of The Damned

Same Day, 4:23 pm. Chapter 4

                                   Fear Of The Damned

    I stormed into the Institute, frustrated. I shut the large doors so loudly that Church fell off of the chair he was perched on. He glared up at me with angry yellow eyes and hissed, I hissed back. He flicked his tail irratatedly and bound down the hall. I glared after him and went up the stairs to the library. Of course everyone heard me slam the doors so when I walked into the library I got some pretty weird looks. The look on my face must have been severe enough, so no one asked any questions.

    I collapsed on the couch next to Isabelle, who was looking at LOL Pics on her phone. She looked at me worriedly,

    "Baby, are you ok?"

    "Not exactly." I said and put my arm around her. She turned off her phone and looked into my eyes.

    "What happened?" She demanded.

    "Its too aggravating and confusing but I can have all of you listen to what it is." I said, raising my voice so the others could hear me. It worked Maryse, Alec, Clary, Jace and Magnus turned their heads in my direction. "Where are Jocelyn and Luke?" I asked no one in particular.

    "The store. Why?" Clary asked.

    "All of you come over here so you can hear this, I just don't think Jocelyn should here this just yet." I said grimly. Everyone scurried over to me as I was pulling out my phone to play the message. Clary looked at me strangely. I turned up the volume on my phone and played the recording. No matter what expression someone wore before they heard the message, by the end the look of pure horror was on everyone's face.

    "No, this is rigged.... This can't be happening. There's no possible way-" Maryse started but I interrupted,

    "Then how?" I spat. Maryse went silent.

    "I don't know." She said quietly.

    "I thought so." I said. Everyone's eyes were on Magnus.

    "Magnus, who IS your father?" Alec asked quietly. He swallowed painfully, horror was in his eyes."

    "I- I- I can't tell you." He stammered, his breath rattled in his chest.

    "Magnus, we need to know, please." Clary said gently and placed her hand on his shoulder. Magnus's hands shook, worry and fear filled his gold-green cat eyes. He mumbled something unintelligible.

    "Magnus, you need to speak up. Even I couldn't hear that." I said almost gently. Almost. Alec gave me a warning look. Magnus looked up meeting my gaze.

    "Satan." He choked out, loud enough this time. A terrible silence crackled through the room along with tension.

    "By the Angel." Jace breathed. Magnus stayed quiet and looked at the marble floor, ashamed. No one really knew how to respond properly to that, sure as hell I know I didn't.

    "Uh... I'm not sure how Valentine or who ever that... um was knows your... uh father." Alec said, struggling for the right words. I snorted,

    "Valentine was as dead as dead can get. The question is if that is him, how the hell is he back?"

    "There is no denying the fact that my father could do that." Magnus mumbled.

    "Do what Magnus?" Maryse asked gently, and gave Alec and I a 'Shut up' look the way mothers did a lot.

    "Make deals with the vilest of souls in Hell, apparently Valentine made a good bargain. My father must have been pleased enough to bring him back." Magnus sighed.

    "I didn't think the bastard had a soul." Clary muttered. Jace laughed quietly.

    "Clary, Magnus. You two stay down here, the rest of you go to your rooms." Maryse ordered.

    "But-" Izzy started to argue

    "Isabelle." her mother silenced her. "All of you, rooms, now" We obeyed not wanting to piss her off more. I collapsed tiredly on to the when Izzy sands I walked in.

    "Simon." Izzy whined. She sat down on the bed next to me and she pulled my head into her lap and stroked my head soothingly.

    "All of this is fucked up." I murmured. I felt a tear splash onto my cheek. I sat up and took Izzy in my arms. "Honey, don't cry" I said and kissed her cheek.

    "I'm scared for you. Valentine killed you before he won't be afraid to do it again." Izzy whimpered and snuggled into my chest.

    "Don't worry about me, Valentine won't get near me or any one else in the Institute. Especially you and Hunter." I promised fiercely. She perked up a little,

    "I hope you know I find it sexy when you are all protective." She said and looked up in to my eyes. I chuckled,

    "There's the Izzy I know." she giggled and kissed my cheek.

    "I'm going to take a shower, but there's something I want you to do when I am." she said and hopped off my lap and walked out of our room. I watched her suspiciously. She came back in carrying little Hunter in her arms. "I want the two of you to have some father son bonding time." she said and smiled down at our son.

    "No problem, hand him over." I said and held out my arms. Isabelle handed him to me lovingly. I held my little two month old son gently, he stared into my eyes with eyes just like mine. Izzy looked lovingly at us on last time and then took her pajamas into the bathroom and started the water. I ruffled his thick black hair,

    "You are one good looking baby." I said, he made a pleased little gurgling sound. I tickled his neck with my right index finger, he giggled and squirmed. I smiled and lightly bopped his nose with my finger. I swear the kid glared, he took one tiny hand and grabbed my finger as if to say 'no, just no.' I realized at that moment he was advanced for being two months old. His growth rate was normal now even though it wasn't when he was in Izzy's stomach. He was just advanced because he had some vampire genes. I started to lightly massage his head with my hand, he yawned and his eyes closed. He was asleep in seconds. Izzy came out of the bathroom a few minutes later and I could sense how heart warming this was for her to see. She smiled and sat next to me on the bed.

    "See, you're a wonderful dad." she said and kissed my cheek then kissed Hunters forehead.

    "I'll put him to bed for you if you want." I volunteered eagerly.

    "Ok, I'll be waiting." Izzy said with a wide smile. I stood up carefully and shifted Hunter to the crook of my arm and carried him down the hall to his room. I walked into the room and set him down carefully in his crib, he didn't stir. I looked at him one last time and shut the door silently behind me. I walked back into my bedroom, I took off my shirt and jeans and crawled into bed next to Izzy. Even in the darkness her lips found mine as soon as my head hit my pillow. She kissed me hungrily and I kissed her back roughly. She rolled onto my chest and I held her there.

    "You. Are. An. Amazing. Father." she gasped in between kisses.

    "This is my reward for spending time with my own son?" I laughed, I wasn't out of breath yet.

    "Maybe." she panted and kissed me again, then rolled off of me.

    "That's it?." I exclaimed. "I though you were going to at least try to get my underwear off!"

    "Someone has to be the responsible one." She laughed. I nodded,

    "And here I thought that would always be me." I said, she laughed then shushed me with another, softer kiss. I let her snuggle into me before I wrapped my arms around her.

    "Good night. I love you." she said.

    "I love you too, and remember, everything will be ok." I said reassuringly. I felt her nod but I knew she was still unsure so I stroked her cheek with my thumb soothingly and she and I both fell asleep.