Chapter 7: When Darkness Comes/ Epilogue

    When we got to the other side of the portal we were in Idris. Hunter obviously didn't like portaling because when I looked at him he had a weird ticked off look on his face.

    "I don't think Hunter liked that." I pointed out with a laugh. Everyone gazed at Hunter who still had that odd expression on his face, we laughed. We ended up being portaled quite close to the Lightwood manor but it was still a little bit of a walk.

    " Do you want me to portal our stuff to the house?" Magnus asked. Maryse nodded and just like that our stuff was gone. We started walking again then I stopped. Izzy noticed my stop and she walked over to me.

    "What's wrong Simon?" She asked and shifted Hunter in her arms.

    "You never did get the chance to tell me why your mom didn't want her brother at our wedding." I said in a hushed tone. "I just didn't want your mom over hearing us." She nodded in understanding.

    "Ok so before Alec or I was born my mom's brother fell in love with a mundane and married her. He and his wife decided to live in the mundane world. Her brother didn't want her to drink from the cup because of how dangerous it was." Izzy explained in a hushed whisper. "My mom hasn't heard from him since. She doesn't want to."

    "Oh." I said, supprised.

    "Yeah." She mumbled. I looked at Hunter in her arms, he had fallen soundly asleep and looked like he was at peace. I stroked his white little cheek as we walked, it was soft and warm.

    "He's so innocent. It must be nice not having to worry about evil things and people. Let alone not evening knowing what evil is." I murmured softly to Isabelle. She looked at me with love in her eyes but said nothing. We got to the Lightwood's house we went to our rooms right away. Our things were in our rooms just as Magnus said they would be. I sat alone in mine and Izzy's room. Memories flooded back to me, the proposal, packing for the honeymoon, getting ready for the wedding, drawings the runes of love and wedded union on each other, the wedding. Izzy was in the room across from ours with Maryse, making a makeshift crib for Hunter. I sighed and lied down on the bed. There was a big time difference in Idris than in New York. It was 9:30 pm here and it was 9:30 am in New York so I was a little "portal lagged" if you will. Izzy came in looking exhausted.

    "Are you tired?" I asked. She nodded.

    "I'm still tired from last night." She murmured and curled up in my lap. I brushed her hair out of her face gently and kissed the top of her head.

    "Me too." I yawned. She shrugged out of her shirt and wiggled out of her jeans in my lap.

    "I'm too tired to get into pajamas." She said, her voice was slurred slightly because of her tiredness. I held her in my arms and stood up. I pulled back the covers and gently placed Isabelle back on the bed. I put the covers over her and she sighed happily. I too striped down to my underwear and walked around to my side of the bed and crawled into bed next to her. I pulled Iz close to me and held her she and I fell asleep in each others arms. I woke up late in the morning and Isabelle was still asleep and was still holding on to me. I brushed her hair back from her face and I kissed her forehead. She murmured in her sleep and pulled closer to me but didn't wake. I fell back to sleep shortly after that. About thirty minutes later I heard Izzy mumble my name a few times, then she screamed it. I sat straight up and looked at Izzy she was still asleep and she wasn't holding onto me anymore. I put my hand over her mouth before she could yell my name again. I shook her awake,

    "Izzy, it's just a dream, calm down." I said and rubbed her shoulder. She crawled into my lap and cried.

    "Isabelle," I said and held her tightly. "It's ok, I'm here. Please tell me what happened." She looked up at me and her cheeks were wet with tears and her eyes were rimmed with tears. She didn't answer, she just burried her head in my chest and cried some more.