Chapter 2 : Santiago

Chapter 2

                                            Santiago

     I walked to Taki's quickly, none of the mundanes saw me because of the glamor so the walk was easy. When I got to the restaurant I pushed open the door and snapped out my fangs. I noticed that a lot of werewolves were here tonight. They all stopped and stared at me with wide eyes. Raphael was sitting at the bar and he was completely oblivious that I was here. I sat down next to him.

     "Raphael." I snarled.

     "Daylighter, Why did you call me here? And why are you dressed in Shadowhunter gear?" He asked.

     "Why did you help Maureen but then warn my family?" I said, ignoring his questions.

     "Dios. You are a idiot. I helped Maureen only to save my skin. But she doesn't need me any more, she has allied herself with two powerful Nephilim and the Clave knows exactly who they are... just not in a good way. And they don't know that she has them helping her yet." He said grimly. Two names surfaced in my brain, Valentine and Sebastian. I shot down that thought quickly Valentine was dead and he and his son both hated downworlders.

      "Tell me who they are." I demanded.

      "Oh Daylighter I would, but I have already said too much."

                                           *********

     I walked into the institute feeling small and defeated. I didn't know how the Clave would be able to use the information I received. I slunk up to my room tiredly, Isabelle wasn't in there so I decided to take a shower and change into a old shirt and sweat pants. Of course Izzy walked in when I was just in underwear and was starting to put pants on.

     "Well hello there." Izzy laughed. I pulled my pants on the rest of the way with a slight blush. The water from my semi wet hair dripped into my face. I flicked it out of my face with a slight irritated sigh.

      "Are you going back downstairs or are you in here for the rest of the night?" I asked.

      "I was going to take a shower and go to bed, why?" She asked suspiciously and put her hands on my waist.

      "I need to talk to you about-" I started but the door opened, it was just Church. He meowed loudly.

      "Hunter needs to be fed, I'll be right back." Izzy said apologetically and left with Church at her heels. I sighed and went into the bathroom to towel dry my wet hair. When I came out Izzy was laying on the bed waiting for me.

      "So what were you saying?" She asked.

      "Go ahead and take a shower, I'll tell you after." I said and stretched out next to her.

      "Ok." She said and slid off the bed. I watched as she walked into the bathroom and shut the door. I got off the bed and walked into the hallway because I heard a commotion. Jace and Alec were in the hallway doing something that involved brooms, and it wasn't sweeping.

      "What are you two doing?" I asked and leaned on the wall watching the other boys.

       "Fighting with brooms." Alec answered and jabbed Jace in the stomach with the wooden handle.

        "I have a better idea." I said, "Alec give me your broom, and go look for something that can be used as a puck."

        "Ok..." Alec said handed me the broom and went down to the kitchen.

        "Ok, before he comes back the love doctor is going to give you a lesson." Jace said and wiggled his eye brows.

        "You're the love doctor, aren't you?" I sighed. Jace nodded with a devilish grin. "Oh Lord have mercy on our souls." I said dramatically and rolled my eyes.

        "Pretend this broom is a girl." he said and put his arm around its "waist."

         "Umm... right." I said wearily.

         "Watch as I pull the 'girl' close by her waist. Now if you really want to get her attention, start whispering random stuff in her ear that makes no sense. It just sounds good." Jace said and demonstrated. "Make your woman feel like she is the only girl in the world, take her on romantic dates, buy her girly things like perfume and other stuff."

        "Your telling a married man this but you won't propose to her?" I asked.

        "Well I-" He stammered

        "Jace," I said and put my hand on his shoulder. "I have no doubt that Clary will say yes."

        "Really?"

        "Yes, really. She loves you more than anything else in the world."

Jace blushed then asked, "I thought you and Izzy were going to raise Hunter in Idris, are you guys going to stay here?"

        "I think so, staying in the Institute seems the safest." I said simply.

        "Oh."

        "Will this work?" Alec asked and held up some sort of round plastic thing.

        "I think so. Do you two know how to play hockey?" I asked. Jace nodded and Alec shrugged but nodded. Alec handed me the "puck" and I held it up.

        "Ok both of you grab a broom, then stand in front of each other in the middle of the hall." they did as I instructed. "Ok, Jace your goal will be behind Alec, Alec your goal will be behind Jace. When I drop the puck-"

         "What are you three doing?" Maryse asked and tapped her foot irritably from the top step.

         "Um..." the three of us mumbled in unison.

       "All of you go to bed now!" She demanded. We sighed, put the brooms against the wall and slunk back to our rooms. I shut the door behind me and I climbed into bed with a sigh. I could hear Izzy drying her hair. I stared at the ceiling while I waited for her. Once I heard her turn off the hair dryer I sat up and looked expectantly at the door. Izzy came out in a black slip and my eyes widened,

      "Wow"  I said. She snickered and climbed into bed next to me.

    "So what did that no good leech have to say?" She asked and snuggled up to me.

      "He said he did what he needed to, to save his own skin. But one thing that he did say troubled me. He said Maureen allied herself with two very powerful Shadowhunters, he also said they were well known... just not in a good way." I explained.

    "Do you think Sebastian joined her?" she asked and looked worriedly into my eyes.

     "He hates downworlders, just like Valentine. It isn't likely." I pointed out.

    "I haven't the slightest idea about who she allied herself with then." Isabelle said with a sigh. "lets go to sleep, I'm exhausted!" she murmured. I nodded in agreement and wrapped my arms around her.

     "Good night my love." I murmured in her ear.

     "Good night babe." she mumbled and fell peacefully to sleep. I soon followed, almost forgetting everything that happened that day.