twelve

Keith groaned before opening his eyes. He looked around and immediately began to freak out. Where was he? Why was he there? Where was Lance and the land dwellers.

His heart skipped a beat.

Where was the ocean?

"Lance!" Keith frantically shouted. He needed Lance. He was terrified. A loud beeping from his left startled him more, making him freak out.

Contraptions. His body was connected to land dweller creations. He felt trapped. He couldn't breathe.

"Lance!"

Multiple thuds came from somewhere and Keith cried when he saw the unfamiliar faces. His sobbing only got worse as they approached.

"Keith! Keith, calm down." The one that looked like Pidge spoke. Keith backed up and attempted to get up to be as far away from the new land dwellers as possible.

How do they know my name? They're gonna eat me!!

Keith moved to his right and crashed off of the bed with a thud. It would have hurt if adrenaline wasn't rushing through his veins. He crawled to a corner and snatched the sharpest item he saw. He pointed it at the land dwellers and they stopped making any motions to get closer to him.

"Matt. Call Katie and tell her that they need to stop sight seeing and bring Lance here. Keith isn't going to let us help him like this. He's terrified."

'Matt' pulled out a device and started tapping it. Soon he was talking to someone through it.

Oh no. They're contacting more. Keith stared down at his legs. He didn't know how to use them aside from jumping off the boat and into the water. But he'd try. There was no way he was going to be consumed by land dwellers.

Keith stood to his feet and with support from the wall, he began walking toward the direction the land dwellers came from. 'Matt' stepped aside when Keith pointed the sharp object in his direction. The older guy, however, didn't budge.

"Move." Keith seethed.

"I can't do that, Keith. You don't fee it because of the adrenaline but you are in pain. You were attacked by a —"

"I know." Keith snapped. The guy stepped back and out of Keith's way, allowing him to walk out. At least so Keith thought. As soon as his back was turned the man grabbed him around the waist. "Let. Me. Go!" Keith drove the sharp object into the man's wrist, making him scream and let go.

"Son of a bitch! Katie get your ass here now! He just stabbed Mr. Kogane with a scalpel!"

Keith moved faster along the wall. He realized he didn't know where to go. "Where is the ocean?! Tell me and no one else gets hurt."

'Matt' stared at Keith before pointing down towards another opening. Keith glared at him.

Liar.

"You're lying to me!"

The door flung flung open and Lance ran inside.

"Keith!" Keith looked at Lance and tears filled his eyes again.

"Lance."

Lance walked up the stairs followed by Allura, Shiro, Pidge, and Hunk. Keith flung his arms around Lance's neck and hugged him tightly.

"Are you okay?" Lance asked. He was worried about Keith. Pidge had thought taking him around to see land dwellers things would clear his mind while Keith was taken care of. And it had worked for the most part. Until Matt called Pidge.

"I'm f—" Keith hissed in pain as his legs gave out. Adrenaline was gone and pain was present. Lance immediately lifted Keith off the ground.

"Keith. Listen to me." Shiro spoke. "I have two things to say. The first being, those guys aren't here to hurt you." Keith stared at Shiro with wide eyes. He knew Shiro wasn't lying. "The second being, you need to drop the scalpel. It's sharp and I don't want you to accidentally hurt yourself or anyone else."

"It's a little too late for that." Mr. Kogane said, holding his bleeding wrist. Shiro shot Keith a stern look.

"I was scared." Keith whispered, hiding his face in Lance's neck. "I didn't see the ocean or any familiar face. I freaked out. I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Keith." Mr. Kogane said. Matt just rolled his eyes.

"That kid is dangerous." Matt said. Lance glared at him.

"If you were in the same predicament you'd do the same." Pidge interjected before Lance had the chance to even say anything.

"Let's get Keith back into bed." Mr. Kogane said. Everyone complied. Lance carried Keith into the room he had escaped from and laid him on the bed.

"I was told that you will heal fast because of your DNA but slower than a full blood merperson. Sleep plays a large factor in your healing." Lance said, running his fingers through Keith's hair.

"Sleep with me."

Allura and Pidge broke into a fit of laughter making Keith and Lance look at them in confusion. Hunk shook his head and escorted the two girls out of the room.

"What was that about?" Keith whispered.

"I have no idea." Lance said. A smile formed on his face. "Scoot over."

Keith made room for Lance to climb into the bed. Once he laid down comfortably, Keith curled into his side and closed his eyes, instantly falling asleep.

"Sleep tight, Keith." Lance whispered, kissing his head.