Chapter Twenty-Seven; Father

Start from the beginning

Cole ran over to me as he shouted at his phone to call for the ambulance. The men around us didn't do anything as their commander is down. Blood loss got to me and I start to feel light -headed. My hands were untied and someone had caught my limp body, sweeping the hair from my face.

"Stay with me, Ria," he pleads. I heard a ripping noise then someone wrapping cloth on my wound.

After that it was all blank out.

-•-*-•-

I come to and heard a constant and monotonous sound next to me. I the anaesthetics wore off and I groan as I clutched my left shoulder. I looked around and as expected, I was in a hospital. I looked down and saw Randy holding my hand, asleep. I smile at how caring my brother was- no sarcasm. I ruffle his hair with my good arm and laughed.

"Wake up, doofus!" I laugh even more at his startled expression.

"Ria! Finally!" He stands up and hugs me and I wince, making him pull away and grin at me sheepishly. "Sorry."

He run towards the door and open it before screaming. "She's awake!"

My eyes widen at the nurses that came running towards me, checking the heart monitor and my blood pressure. A nurse smiled at me and gave me some pain killer and I gladly gulped it down with water.

After they left my mom and dad came in, I remembered about what Mr. Khole said- I'm a bad daughter for not being happy they were here first. I put the subject aside for another time. They hug me, careful not to hurt me. My mom and dad question me about how I was and I smile at them as a reply saying I was "okay".

After my parents, the other guys came in. I was disappointed not to see Cole but smiled at them either way.

"Cole's mourning if your wondering," Brian bluntly tells me.

"M-Mourning?" I stammer.

"Don't blame yourself. His dad was going to shoot you and there was no way we could avoid it. It was either you or him, we all would've chose to save you," Brian tries to calm me down.

Julian smiles at me and blabbed about how they were finding me after school and how it had turned out that I was in that situation. My smile had suddenly turned into a frown when I remembered everything.

"Don't worry. Cole would be here in a bit and we'll be back with food," Brian chuckles in his attempt to cheer me up- Successful attempt as I beamed at the word "food". Yeah I know I'm such a pig, but maybe that's why people say "Bring home the bacon," because I'm such a trophy-- that or because I'm hot and boys want to "take me home". Woah okay, let's erase that image.

A knock on the door snaps me out of my very dirty trance and I looked at who it was.

"Hey," I sadly smile.

"Hey," Cole hesitates but then walked to me and hugged me tight, not tight enough to hurt me. I hugs back and sigh.

"I'm sorry," I sob.

"It's not your fault. Never was, okay?" He pulls away and wipes my tears. The guilt never left me and I felt worse.

"Don't feel guilty," he sighs.

"Why not? You had to kill your father," I mumbled.

"It was better that way anyways." He shrugs. "I means don't get me wrong, I loved my dad, but he wasn't the same. The company changed him." I stared at him in confusion and gestured him to continue .

"The company was of hitmen. We were paid to kill people and it's really gruesome." he explains.

"That's why you didn't want to take the company," I thought aloud in realization.

"Yes and why my mom and sister fled. I told them that I could take care of myself, because my dad was after me and not them."

In attempt to lighten the mood and I smiled, though forced- I smiled. "And you did take care of yourself. Not only yourself but me too, I owe you my life."

"Does that mean you'll be my wife?" He joked and I blushed, smacking his arm.

"Nope. I still have to think everything through," I laughed.

"But hey, at least your good arm wasn't shot," he shrugged, looking at my wound.

"You have a scary good aim," I shiver as I remembered.

"You say that when you practically hit all of us in the nuts in the nerf war. That takes skill especially since I was specifically shielding it." he quirked his eyebrow and grinned.

"That was just a lucky shot."

"Four luck shots? I don't think so"

"Knock Knock. I come with food," the butler-- Julian, I mean- walks in with spaghetti. The classic and my parents' favorite. Brian follow suit and does a blunt curtsey.

"Compliments to the chef," I giggle as I ate it.

"Gracias," Brian smiled.

"You know Spanish?" I looked at him, and so did the guys. Seeing as how surprising being with the guys is, I don't see Brian cooking as a surprise anymore. Spanish is another thing though.

"Por supuesto, princesa" {Of course, princess} he smirks.

"No seas demasiado arrogante " {Don't be too arrogant/cocky} I shook my head. Yes, I know spanish.

Asking Brian not too be so arrogant is like telling my stomach to stop being hungry. Yes, it's that impossible.