Author Note

Dear readers,

In the first Author Note that I posted back in June I stated how my co-writer and would be uploading a couple of chapters each month - but as you might have assumed, we haven't been keeping that promise. So in order to ease any minds that could have been troubled by this, allow me to explain:

My co-writer and I have been working on this particular story since the summer of 2014. As some of you may know that it began as a roleplay with OCs that we created for a cartoon that we were obsessed with called "Young Justice". It started out as a fun little story that we wrote together (seeing as we had created OCs for the shows or books that we were mutually interested in, and would create our own stories for them throughout our entire friendship). This went on through out the summer until I discovered Wattpad that August. After reading a few fanfictions I felt a little ambitious so I uploaded the first few "chapters" of the roleplay. Then later in September I met a fellow Wattpadian who encouraged me to publish more of "Robin's Shadow" (the roleplay/story). Without discussing it with my co-writer (let alone asking for their work) I began publishing all of my unedited work. I honestly thought it I would only get a few reads and that no one would pay it that much attention. But to my surprise the story grew popular rather quickly, and at one point I uploaded an continuation to "Robin's Shadow". Then one night I read through everything and felt unsatisfied with it. So I spoke with my co-writer and they agreed to rewrite it with me, with the new story including their characters (one being Cody Arzy).

Everything was fine at first. We joyously discussed plots, character origins, etcetera. But as the years went on it slowly began to consume our friendship. It became the only thing that we ever talked about and would stress over every little detail. Then I final published the first chapters of the revised version "Divine Selection". After those were released it became my co-writers job to write the next group of chapters. But sadly things didn't go as smoothly as we anticipated.

This summer proved to be both tragic and extremely stressfully for both of us. And so when school started this past September I finally broke. My co-writer and I were hardly friends anymore. Every conversation was either about the story or me arguing with them for not writing. We had been close friends since our early years of grade school and now we were barely acquaintances boarding on ravels. So after an especially long conversation we both agreed to take a break from the story in order to repair our friendship (after uploading the next two chapters with a brief explanation before putting "Divine Selection" on Hiatus). But with all of the trials that this semester presented us, we were unable to do so.

Now in December it's finally Christmas break. Now I have the ability to proof read the chapters I wrote back at the beginning of the semester. But if I were to be bluntly honest, I don't to. The past few months have been utter hell for me, and due to how this story have affected my relationship with my best friend, I have grown to resent this story. I've grown to resent everything and everyone far more than I had before. I now longer have any interests because this year has given me countless reasons why I should despise them. But at the same time I've lost the ability to loathe things because I can see why people favor them. I no longer like or dislike anything. I hardly feel human anymore.

Before I struggled with feelings and connecting with people, but not anymore. Now I don't feel anything other than the endless void that has slowly grown ever since I was little. Now please note that I'm not suicidal nor do I currently indulge in any forms of self-harm - because I honestly don't see the point. I don't see the point in living but I also don't see the point in dying. This year has evaporated all of my energy and motivation.

All of that being said I will try to release some chapters that I wrote awhile back but after I mostly won't be uploading - let alone writing anything - for a long time (and if I do it will be a redone version of the characters and plot, or a new story all together) and for that I deeply apologies for anyone who was investing in this story.

please understand why I'm doing what I'm doing,

- Shadow_bird