Prologue

December 25,
Gotham: 12:03 am

Everything around them was consumed by scorching flames; the air coated in a thick layer of charcoal smoke.
The twins intertwined their crimson stained hands as they frantically searched the burning clock tower for an exist. Everything had been going so well for them that evening, they couldn't fathom how drastically their lives had changed.
Frosted glass shattered behind them. The twin spun around and saw a feminine figure tumble through one of the massive clocks that worked as walls within the burning clock tower. "Abdu-nur, Naji!" The woman exclaimed with a thick Arabic accent, her words muffled by the onyx mouth-piece that was wrapped over her defined nose. "Where's your mother – where's Salimah?!" Her question made pits form in their stomachs. The twins directed their smoke-dried eyes down at their ash covered shoes. The woman squinted her tobacco irises in confusion. "No matter, come now." She said after a brief moment and gestured a beckoning hand.
Abdu-nur and Naji dropped their tanto blades, and bolted towards her. The woman knelt onto her knee, and wrapped them in a tight embrace.
"Abnayiy." She whispered in their ears. The woman wore close-fit ebony shirt, and pants with deep hood draped over her dark locks. "We need to get out of here, now!" She exclaimed. Her words too late.
The multi-colored flames carried onto the brass gears of the gigantic clock above them, and turned the metal a vibrant orange before crashing down around the three.